Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. The new truck, with 100 miles on it is going in for a leaky tranny (converter seal) and a leaky tire too. (If it don't leak it ain't a chevy!) But I have a couple questions.
Are these trucks prone for converter seal leaks? (My buddy had to replace his at 80,000 miles)
What tire pressure should I use for every day driving with no loads? All 4 of my tires were a little different, within 5 psi.
When I'm idling at a red light the oil pressure sits about 200 and goes to just over 400 when I'm driving. I'm not too worried about this but it did look kinda low when I was idling.
See I'm the first guy in my family on either side to buy a diesel pickup, so you guys are my brain here!
Thanks a lot!

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
IIRC Tow Master had a seal go bad on his new LBZ? AS for tire PSI i run 50 in the front and 45 in the back of the CC and like 45 front and 40 rear on the reg cab! Oil Psi sounds about right! 20 psi @ idle and up from there!

·
Registered
57 Posts
yea i run about the same, around 55 in front and 50 in the back, when i bought it the dealer over inflated them big time, they were like at 90 almost, im glad i checked it, i woould add 10psi if you are going to tow though!

·
Registered
85 Posts
tire pressure

I have 10 ply tires all around(3/4 ton HD) and I run 50 front and 60 rear and up to 70 rears if I am hauling heavy loads.
My bobcat trailer also has 10 plys(Dunlops) and I run those at 70 all the time.
My door sticker recommends minimum 50 front and 60 rear(regular cab)

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
om both of my trucks if i'm runnin empty for awhile i'll drop them down to 55psi in the front with 50psi in the rear to get a better ride and loaded on my 3/4 ton i'll run 55 psi in the front and 65psi in the back haulin around 6 to 7k pounds but if your haulin 8k pounds and more i would recommend at least 60psi and higher on front and back...

·
Registered
29 Posts
My converter seal went out on mine with 42k, started dripping from the inspection hole in bottom of bellhousing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts