Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok these mod?s are for my 05 lly, 1# ifound an afe bladerunner intake manifold, will this work with my factory turbo and a banks ram air, 2# my buds are telling me on the dosges theres a silencer seal on the turbo, they said they didnt know if dmaxx had it but they said if the seal is out it makes turbo way louder any thoughts, 3# this egr block plate, i have 146000 miles do i still need one, 4# the ppe boost controller does it really help 5# what gauges do i really need thanks for yalls help

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I would say go ahead get the blade runner if you havent swapped turbo mouthpieces yet, you can also use a LBZ MP, the resonator is the black box under the hood that says 6.6 on it, take that off and plug the hole with a 2inch test plug, that is said to be the silencer, mine got a little louder when i did it, Yes i would block the EGR, and I would just get a boost and pyrometer (egt) gauge

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet i appreciate the input

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
from the hundreds of people who tried the resonator plug it seems like the most difference s noticed with an aftermarket exhaust, and with the exhaust youre going to get a lot louder anyway...and increase MPG and power :cool:

i second the EGR and boost and pyrometer are definitely a good idea, if you wanna run 3 then i would say engine temp would be my 3rd choice cause the factory gauge sucks!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yyea i gotcha, i got the aftermarket dual exhaust with singl in dual out muffler, is ur strait pipe or muffler, how hard is that plate to put in

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i dont have EGR so i dont have the blocker but they say once you get the bolts loose its a cake walk, hit it with some penetrating oil and let it soak then the bolts should be a bit easier

my exhaust is muffled with some mystery muffler, i think its a custom kit because there isnt a brand name anywhere and companies like to advertise, i would do a delete but state law around here requires a muffler and i already get enough cops watching my every move

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
yes get the bladerunner mouthpiece its the best thing to work with your banks inake, yes do the egr block your truck will thank you. forget about the ppe boost controller those kill turbos fast and are unnessary. and no duramax's do not have a silencer ring on the turbo

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Weet that save me 300$, so will the banks and bladerunner help my turbo spool faster cuz when im cruzin it takes like 2-3 secs to spool up then launches, also with that plate block it wont effect the computer u dont have to have like a delete for it like u do with cats on gas engine????

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
Weet that save me 300$, so will the banks and bladerunner help my turbo spool faster cuz when im cruzin it takes like 2-3 secs to spool up then launches, also with that plate block it wont effect the computer u dont have to have like a delete for it like u do with cats on gas engine????
it will help the turbo spool faster slightly but dont expect a miracle... a better tune will help it as well but you have to remember these are big turbo's that are capable of making 30+psi of boost. there is always gonna be some turbo lag.

the egr block could possibly throw a code but its pretty rare. usually its only a problem on the trucks with cali emmisions equipment. but just in case it does the only thing that will happen is you will get a check engine light...this can easily be corrected with a thing called a fingerstick that runs about 80 bucks

BTW i noticed in your sig it says future mods...does that mean you still have the stock exhaust and no tuner at all?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok well i have nO probs with emission i live in tx, and i already have turbo back exhaust, with programmer, well thats answers most, if anyone else has input feel free to let me no thanks alot, and does anyone no of some good diesel shop in central tx

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
Ok well i have nO probs with emission i live in tx, and i already have turbo back exhaust, with programmer, well thats answers most, if anyone else has input feel free to let me no thanks alot, and does anyone no of some good diesel shop in central tx
ok well i would suggest when money allows to get a better tuner the that bulydog for your truck...those are really bottom of the barrel sadly...

and gauges if you dont have them already...specially if you tow

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea ive got that suggestion alot, but suprisingly it runs really good, and im not lookin for the fastest truck, just few addons, and sense i already got the triple dog theres no sense in spendin 800$ on another tuner, and yes gauges comin soon, and no offense on upgrade tuner its just limited $$$ if u no wata meen

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
yea i know im just sayin when you can..you could prob sell that bullydog on ebay for 150 or better then buy a quadzilla for 300 and you would be better off...just saying

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
K ill look into that, does that quad put out more than the bd

1 - 15 of 15 Posts