Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My FICM is bad and getting replaced at the dealer now. My question is this a common part to fail, and is there any connection to it possibly failing because of my Quad S2? Just running it from 50 HP to 90 HP depending on what I'm doing. Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
I do not see the connection between the two "programmer/Failure". Most of the time the reason for the FICM failure is electrical shock.

Did you by any chance use the housing as a ground for jump-starting the truck:D

PS: what were the symptoms of the failure?

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha no I didn't jump start it from the housing. I did change the batteries and alternator about 3 months ago with no problems until now.

Well the problem was a check engine light, rough idle, and DTC's for injectors 1,4,6, and 7 and a manufacturer fuel air metering code and a torgue converter circuit open code. Basically she ran on 4 cylinders and was in "limp" mode. Dealer checked the harness and all injectors and came to the FICM as the problem. My only other guess as to maybe why was it was a humid morning and moisture may have gotten in the housing causing a short. I was only asking about the programmer because I didn't want to put it back on if it could be a cause of the FICM going bad.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Haha no I didn't jump start it from the housing. I did change the batteries and alternator about 3 months ago with no problems until now.

Well the problem was a check engine light, rough idle, and DTC's for injectors 1,4,6, and 7 and a manufacturer fuel air metering code and a torgue converter circuit open code. Basically she ran on 4 cylinders and was in "limp" mode. Dealer checked the harness and all injectors and came to the FICM as the problem. My only other guess as to maybe why was it was a humid morning and moisture may have gotten in the housing causing a short. I was only asking about the programmer because I didn't want to put it back on if it could be a cause of the FICM going bad.
Gotcha:drink

I would say you are fine putting the programmer back on, must have been just a fluke:drink

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool I hope to get it back today, $1500 some dollars later....

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah you're tellin me! I was wanting to buy exhaust and smoked headlights, tail lights and cab lights with that dough... Oh well that can wait, I need a driving truck first!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts