Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 Duramax, 46k mi. Filled up, truck will not start, stuck south of Dallas at gas station on a Sunday. No MIL. Truck had ~ 2gal before it was filled up. I had just driven from Austin, and run around 170mi.

Anything helps.

SA

· Premium Member
10,627 Posts
Ok, so you opened the bleeder and pumped and had fuel coming out, did you close the bleeder and pump until the primer button got hard to pump? That should do the trick. If it doesn't get hard after closing the bleeder screw, you might have to see if you can enlist a helping hand to try and crank the motor while you pump the primer. That "should" do it if nothing else.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Even though i have RUN OUT before, and did everything i would normally have done in terms of bleeding and priming. Probably opened up bleeder and primed it 10 times while i waited 2hrs.

· Registered
707 Posts
where did you fill up in south dallas?

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting, the next time i turned it off, it would not re-start unless someone pressed on the primer while cranking. The bleeder screw sure seems loose, is it supposed to actually tighten? Is it possible that air could be getting in there? I do not appear to be leaking fuel anywhere however.

Thank you,

· Premium Member
10,627 Posts
It is possible to strip the threads on the bleeder screw, it is plastic. I'd head to a dealer as soon as you can and grab a replacement, it's probably letting in air.

· Registered
742 Posts
It is possible to strip the threads on the bleeder screw, it is plastic. I'd head to a dealer as soon as you can and grab a replacement, it's probably letting in air.
Got a PPE one on mine. My plastic one was going a little bad (stripping) from fuel filter changes.

· Registered
707 Posts
replace your bleeder screw....your lookin at about 15 bucks to fix it.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.