Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im pretty certain my injectors are going out but I also went to replace the fuel filter today and it only had about 1/2 a filter full of fuel....which from last time I remember was almost completely full. Makes me wonder if the o rings in the filter head are going out. 177k miles and they have never been replaced.
So first question...
1. Where should I buy them? Dmax store seems to have the better "deal" but they dont include the orings for the bleeder which some complain is the problem with theirs.
2. Even though I think injectors are going out, if you were me while fixing all these fuel issues would you go ahead and spring the money on an Airdog 165? Or just wait till I drop the new sticks in?

Im not thinking the white smoke I have at startup and idle is all the filter head but I almost wonder if it isnt most of it, and my injectors arent as bad yet as I first presumed...especially since the truck still seems to have plenty of power and no lope yet. Thanks as always.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much does that cost?? I dont trust a single dealer around here is the biggest problem.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can anyone with EFI live read them or is it GM computer deal only?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I just made phone calls and every dealer near me wanted from 140-550 dollars to just do a balance rate test. Guess I need to find someone close to me and just pay them to do it with EFI Live.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Post your location and Hopefully someone can volunteer. I believ most auto parts stores can check them but I don't recall

1 - 10 of 10 Posts