Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to change the oil again and also the Fuel filter. Last oil change I picked up a WIX oil filter and while I was there I bought a WIX fuel filter. I was told that the WIX filters aren't the best choice by some. IF so, what brand filters do you guys suggest I pick up? Or is WIX just fine? $60+ fuel filter sitting there, hate not to use it...:drink

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Wix is perfectly fine, anyone who told you other wise is a jacka$$. Lol Think about getting a cat fuel filter adapter next time, I'm waiting until mine needs a new filter and doing the same thing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did have a guy recommend the Cat fuel filter, said it will perform better than the WIX..of course he was selling the adapter and the filters, if I remember correctly I believe for $100 or so..

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
I did have a guy recommend the Cat fuel filter, said it will perform better than the WIX..of course he was selling the adapter and the filters, if I remember correctly I believe for $100 or so..
That's about the going rate, sure it's better but a lot of guys are going a long way without them. I say run what you have for 8-10k miles then get an adapter. After that filters are $20 a pop.

·
Banned
1,104 Posts
The adapter is about $100 but each filter change thereafter will be about $15. They pay for themselves pretty quick. I would use the wix this time around and change next time.

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
....$60+ fuel filter sitting there, hate not to use it...
$60 for a Wix fuel filter? haha:
A Racor Coalescer filter can be had for nearly ½ that and it’ll run twice as long and filter far better than the Wix. Check the Vendor Section.

$100 for the adapter to save $18 per filter vs the Racor? Something to consider, you only have to drive 83k miles to recoup that Franklin. humpin:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Yea I got the rancor for 36 shipped. Can't beat it compared to going to napa or advance and a few days ago someone posted the napa cat filter add on the frame rail after lifte pump and delete the stock. It was a total of 55$ with filter housing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the insight guys! I'll probably go after the cat & adapter next time around.. kinda like the look of a cat filter hangin under the hood....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts