Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a letter in the mail from GMC stating the leaky lines on my 2008 would be swapped as a recall at the dealership. Awsome, except I wrote that 08 off and bought a 2nd hand 2006.

I am not registered for the mailing list for the 2006 becauseI bought it in a private sale. So I am not sure if the 2006 lines have been recalled too.

Can anyone clarifiy?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Hmmmm.....I bought my 05 from a dealer and have not received anything.

Did the letter you get for your 08 indicate any mileage caps or other caveats?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmmm.....I bought my 05 from a dealer and have not received anything.

Did the letter you get for your 08 indicate any mileage caps or other caveats?
The letter is in my truck I think. I'll look for it later. I don't think there was any thing for caveats.

I'm in canada, wonder if that makes a difference

·
Registered
16,268 Posts
As of now (or maybe that's it) only on the 08s have been covered.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I got the letter as well for my 08. As far as I have read here its only on 08's and the letter states only if the lines are leaking visit a dealer.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I guess my 05 leaky lines are a figment of my imagination:cool:

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Yeah, I have an '08 and scheduled to do the replacement on Tuesday. the dealer told me they are only changing the 2 lines from the tranny to the cooler. Not the smaller one ( there are 3 hoses). I guess a call to GM to bitch will be required. Buy a 50k truck and have to pay out of pocket for a 3rd hose won't fly with me. I am told its for '08's only. Makes no sense.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
so my 07.5 isn't covered under this bullshit recall?

·
Registered
349 Posts
We talking transmission lines or?
Edit* sorry must have over looked the title 😬

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Replaced mine about 4 yrs ago, don't own the truck anymore. I heard they are reimbursing for previously replaced line. This true?

·
Registered
16,268 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Chevy LML 2500 4x4 bone stock CCLB summit white, air ride on board air, b&w gneck hitch
1,035 Posts
I would like to know if my lbz is covered too

·
Premium Member
26,482 Posts
No. But it may be in the future.

They have to start somewhere, the '08 year was the choice.
I think it's more of a control factor in singling out just one instead of all years at the same time.

It's enough of a flow now as it is, some Service Writers weren't even aware of it at first.
Then you have the whole parts supply thing.

Can you imagine the flow to Service if they listed all HDs at the same time? :rof
They'd never get to any of the New Car warranty work, keeping New Money customers happy.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
^^^now that's logical thinking.

·
Registered
7,912 Posts
No. But it may be in the future.

They have to start somewhere, the '08 year was the choice.
I think it's more of a control factor in singling out just one instead of all years at the same time.

It's enough of a flow now as it is, some Service Writers weren't even aware of it at first.
Then you have the whole parts supply thing.

Can you imagine the flow to Service if they listed all HDs at the same time? :rof
They'd never get to any of the New Car warranty work, keeping New Money customers happy.
It's not just hd's that leak, I have a 02 tahoe, a 05 lesabre, and a 05 lly and they all leave red stains in the snow. The lesabre is the worst. Everytime I go in my back driveway I get reminded of tracking a wounded deer in the snow!!

·
Premium Member
26,482 Posts
Yeah, I have an '08 and scheduled to do the replacement on Tuesday. the dealer told me they are only changing the 2 lines from the tranny to the cooler. Not the smaller one ( there are 3 hoses). I guess a call to GM to bitch will be required. Buy a 50k truck and have to pay out of pocket for a 3rd hose won't fly with me. I am told its for '08's only. Makes no sense.
Problem is, their data shows that there's only 2 transmission cooler lines on the HD. They don't label/classify the third line as a trans cooler line. HmmMMmm I looked at the screen myself at the Dealer, only 2 lines are listed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.