Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

A Dramatic Improvement
Let’s put it simply: This is the interior that the Silverado should’ve had at the last redesign, but hey, better late than never. At least Chevy learned a thing or two about crafting a nicer truck interior in the intervening years (the latest GMC Yukon Denali and Cadillac Escalade prove that), and the result is a dramatic improvement in the Silverado’s cabin. It feels like a fully modern cockpit with its massive 13.4-inch touchscreen. What other GM product uses a 13.4-inch touchscreen? None of them — except for the upcoming GMC Hummer EV, and I suspect, the upcoming Silverado EV as well. The entire dash is redone, and it looks dynamite with a mixture of appealing shapes in a horizontal orientation — the next step in interior design that we’d expected a few years ago. It doesn’t entirely solve the “sitting in front of a cliff” aesthetic that plagues the current truck, with a blocky and imposing dash that feels oppressively big, but it goes a long way towards creating a sensation of spaciousness.

·
Premium Member
2018 Silverado 3500 LTZ Z71 L5P CCSB
373 Posts
I want this interior.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Gear shift Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2021 Silverado 2500HD LTZ L5P
97 Posts

A Dramatic Improvement
Let’s put it simply: This is the interior that the Silverado should’ve had at the last redesign, but hey, better late than never. At least Chevy learned a thing or two about crafting a nicer truck interior in the intervening years (the latest GMC Yukon Denali and Cadillac Escalade prove that), and the result is a dramatic improvement in the Silverado’s cabin. It feels like a fully modern cockpit with its massive 13.4-inch touchscreen. What other GM product uses a 13.4-inch touchscreen? None of them — except for the upcoming GMC Hummer EV, and I suspect, the upcoming Silverado EV as well. The entire dash is redone, and it looks dynamite with a mixture of appealing shapes in a horizontal orientation — the next step in interior design that we’d expected a few years ago. It doesn’t entirely solve the “sitting in front of a cliff” aesthetic that plagues the current truck, with a blocky and imposing dash that feels oppressively big, but it goes a long way towards creating a sensation of spaciousness.
sorry but the new interior looks terrible. that screen is ridiculous in fact it's comical to the extreme. whoever thought it was good idea to do a console shift should be canned. it's layout is not very ergonomic looking.

the exterior is not bad the interior is absolute poo on a poop sandwhich

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
I can't believe they went ahead with wasting all that console space the shifter...

Reactions: rock4xfab

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
993 Posts
Wow that new interior looks so much nicer. Will know better once i work on one or see in person. The current interior is cheaply made and poor fit compared to what the 14-18 style is. The updated front end looks better as well and looks like the bow tie is back on more models.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
X2 or 3 or 4 or whatever we're up to now on the console shifter. Is it an option? Package specific? One picture shows a column shifter.

And they still have that long row of switches under the screen. I find myself looking at the symbols on them trying to figure out which one is which. Never had that issue with my 2012. They'd be better broken up and placed here and there with some looking different from others so you can immediately reach for an intended switch. But designers rarely worry much about function anymore.

I guess a tv in the dash is what many are looking for, not me. I never watch tv in my truck.

Not quite sure about the blue but anything beats black. My black interior is just about enough to make me want to trade my '21 already.

It's tough to tell much about the new ones from just pictures though. I'd have to sit in it and push buttons. I can easily spot the detractions but the good points seem to require touch and fell to identify.

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
I must be older than I thought. Are we supposed to be paying attention to our driving or paying attention to a big screen tv in the dash? I select radio stations, occasionally nav functions, and when stopped some vehicle parameters.
I agree that the console shift is a joke. This is supposed to be a truck not a sports car and it took the place of a big console storage space like the High Country has.
Nice truck for the city cowboys I guess.

Reactions: blythkd1

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Hopefully the console shifter is just a ZR2 thing and there rest get column shift.

Or even the buttons that some GM vehicles are using.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I could be off base but when you look at the dash on the "LT/LTZ"units they are almost a match for the current trucks. Shifter and all.

The console shifter along with the upgraded color must be on the higher trim's. And you will regret that “look”once your coffee and doughnut fall into the shifter

·
Registered
200 Posts
I think bucket seats get ETRS and "bench" get column shifter. The majority of the ones I have driven were ETRS.

#iworkforGM

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
What does ETRS mean?
Enlarged testicles really sag?

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
I will keep my 06 who the fuck can afford a new car today anyway.

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
I will keep my 06 who the fuck can afford a new car today anyway.
Some seem to be able to.

They're building 15/25/35 trucks aa fast as they can, and there still isn't any inventory...

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Another video shows/suggests that the bucket seat and console trucks get the console ETRS
and the 40/20/40 seats with the fold down will get the column shift.

If this is correct, then higher trim trucks than cannot get 40/20/40 will not be able to get the console shift.

:mad:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think the console shift is nice. I like them in trucks personally. It makes it feel more fancier LOL. I don't use all my console space anyway so I wouldn't be missing anything.

I am a fan of the big screens but I think they stepped out a little much on this one. I mean even in these "glam shots" of the interior, on the screen it looks like they didnt have enough apps to fill it up so 1/3 of it is just white. How annoying would that be driving down the road. I could see it making more sense if they integrated the climate control into the screen.

As far as the blue interior, that's gonna be a hard pass for me. I do like the wood grain styling how they moved it up off the floor so you can appreciate it.

·
Registered
2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT-4 Carbon Pro
83 Posts
I think the new interior looks like a nice improvement over the current interiors. While I like the look of a console shifter, I prefer the space saving aspect of a column shifter.

With all that said, I'll be keeping my 21'.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts