Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think most of the changes are a great improvement. I like the center stack of buttons vs randomly put everywhere. One location to go to. I'm not a huge fan of the center shifter. Maybe in the HD trucks, they'll leave it as a column shifter. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
3 Posts

A Dramatic Improvement
Let’s put it simply: This is the interior that the Silverado should’ve had at the last redesign, but hey, better late than never. At least Chevy learned a thing or two about crafting a nicer truck interior in the intervening years (the latest GMC Yukon Denali and Cadillac Escalade prove that), and the result is a dramatic improvement in the Silverado’s cabin. It feels like a fully modern cockpit with its massive 13.4-inch touchscreen. What other GM product uses a 13.4-inch touchscreen? None of them — except for the upcoming GMC Hummer EV, and I suspect, the upcoming Silverado EV as well. The entire dash is redone, and it looks dynamite with a mixture of appealing shapes in a horizontal orientation — the next step in interior design that we’d expected a few years ago. It doesn’t entirely solve the “sitting in front of a cliff” aesthetic that plagues the current truck, with a blocky and imposing dash that feels oppressively big, but it goes a long way towards creating a sensation of spaciousness.
I would like to see them bring back the split bench with fold down console. And while they're at it, how about a jackknife back seat, that lays flat for a bed, for us crew cab guys, so we don't have to pitch a tent unless we want to.

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
I would like to see them bring back the split bench with fold down console. And while they're at it, how about a jackknife back seat, that lays flat for a bed, for us crew cab guys, so we don't have to pitch a tent unless we want to.
You don't like the 40/20/40 front seat?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts