Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So got an appt at Merchant on the 16th for my build, they are going to do THEIR stage 3 kit. Anyone else have this kit done by them, and if so how are the results? They said they could do the suncoast kit but it was more expensive. Also what brand converter do they use with THEIR kit? I'd ask them this stuff, but it was a miracle just to get them to answer the phone and make an appt!

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they told me around $4k +- a couple hundo. And its a one day turnound

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
You Can Get A Suncoast Kit For 2400 I Think Give Or Take A Few And I Know It Doesnt Cost That That Much For A Install Id Get The Suncoast

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the suncoast 3 kit is that price, the MERCHANT 3 kit is supposedly equivilant to a suncoast 4 which is $3200 give or take. So for around $4k ill have it done by someone else, and in one day!

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
eric will take care of you man....and yes i also believe they use precession converters.

i honestly would trust their kit more then the basic suncoast

talk to Dmaxchris his cousin has his trans built by them and its making some sick power

·
Registered
278 Posts
My app. is on the 11th this Thursday. I asked them and they can put in what ever you want for a converter but the said that they would recommend a Preciosion converter. I figure while I'm there I will have them do the pump rub kit in the transfer case at the same time. They told me no problem as that is the time to do it anyway. There stage 3 is what I'm going with. Basically what ever Eric recommends as he is the expert.

I'll let you know how it went.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
please do! i'm hopin someone cancels this week so i can get in, my trans is REALLY messed up and im goin to MO this weekend! Didnt limp it but shifting is HORRIBLE, it even neutrals between shifts when its cold!

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
My cuz has THEIR stage ???? with billet shafts and Precision Converter. Eric is the shit. Make sure you wander around the shop and check everything out.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Congrats man!

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
let us know the out come

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I have their stage III kit...shifts awsome! eric is the shit and he does use the precison converters...i brougth him the trans at 9:30 and i was driving home with it at about 3:30...thats with a lunch break and messin around with other trucks also!

This trans i a BA trans...

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
what is the price on the percison converter

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have their stage III kit...shifts awsome! eric is the shit and he does use the precison converters...i brougth him the trans at 9:30 and i was driving home with it at about 3:30...thats with a lunch break and messin around with other trucks also!

This trans i a BA trans...
This is what i wanna hear!! lol Good stuff, however i am going stir crazy waiting till next tuesday! i want it now!!!

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
Congrats on getting your transmission done!!:drink:gearjamin

·
Registered
278 Posts
Heres the story

I was at the shop when they got there. Talked to Eric about 10 min on his stage 3. Decided to do the pump rub at the same time as he said that if I bought the part he'd install for free. I took his shop truck which was a rclb LB7 with decals basically a billboard on wheels.:rof Went to the hotel to sleep came back at 4 and found out that it was not done as they did not have the clutches and plates for C1. Their supplier had shorted them the stuff for C1 and told them (missing part) delivery on Thursday the day I was to have mine done. So now we were hoping for overnight delivery for friday. Back to the hotel for another room as I had already checked out. Eric said he would pick up the tab though.

Friday I arrive at the shop at 10 and find out the supplier would get his UPS at noon then bring it over. While waiting I have him put in a Diamond Eye down pipe (best time to do it). I go to the lake to check it out and pass the time. Driving the billboard the whole time.:rof I come back at 2 to find out that the suppier didn't come through. Now were looking at another night overnighting the stuff out of Cali. Eric had about 20 trans sitting on the shelf some just cores some full builds with billet shafts (customers). Sencing my frustrations he started striping one down to see if it had the new parts that we needed. Luckily one did. This was at 2:45 and buy 4:45 he had everything done and I was driving away.

He treated me right with the bill as he did the pump rub part and labor for free and the install of the down pipe for 40 buck ( still took him 40 min with the trans out). Gave me a good price on the pipe bettering any price that I have seen on the net.

Overall I was disappointed that they did not have the stuff on hand before I came. The pain in the a$$ of two day with the threat of another. But they did make it back to me in the price discount. Eric was very helpful but I could tell he was getting irritated that this was happening plus the fact the I was just hanging out waiting. I am happy now that I am home and would recommend them to any one. As they say $hit happens from time to time, it just suxs that it had to happen to me.

The trans does shift and drive about the same as stock (same tune). I can not tell that it is anything but stock but at least I don't have to worry about limbing it any more. I just need to do the shim kit and lift pump then let the fun begin.

Thanks for reading my long winded post but had to tell ya the truth. Good luck

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hmmm glad he made it right, slightly nervous now but not too bad. I'm hopin the new trans doesn't drive thru the converter anymore, need to put the power to the ground. Hope i dont have any of those problems you had, thanks for the update!

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
glad to hear it worked out.... Eric should have had the stuff on hand.... not the way I would run a shop.... at least he took care of you.... but that all his fault.... Don't say you can do it and turn the job around in a short time if you don't have the stuff to begin with...... but in the end he came through...... you handled it better than I would have....

now, get that lift pump and hammer that thing. With a better tune you will feel the power and difference......

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Stuff happens. I'm sure it was a freak occurrence and Eric felt crappy about it. Must be a busy time for him. Seems like he tried to appease you the best he could.

Thats funny he gave you the billboard to drive. It sticks out like a sore thumb. :rof How does it run?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts