Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys , my dealer finally has the parts this time to do the recall . 2019 also have a DEF regen refashion and a update to owners manual .. Also GM owes me a free oil change .
I actually like my dealer I drive an extra 1/2 hr to not have the local dealers screw up my truck , they don’t sell a lot of diesel and have heard horror stories .
Going to drop the truck off tomorrow . they are closed to any sales but still taking in service ... its there version of Takeout .

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hate taking anything to the dealer , I’m located just outside Philadelphia in Bucks County , I go out of my way to use Bergeys in Harleysville Pa .
I live in Bensalem Pa , and local dealers in my area don’t sell many diesels so I travel 1/2 hr , I have been buying from the Bergeys and know the family , its worth the trip for me .
I dropped it off for the 3 recalls , I get a complimentary oil change and free inspection sticker .
Will see how all that goes , I only use the truck for hauling and towing so told them they can keep it for a week .
They are still closed to the general public for sales , if your prequalified you can make a purchase if you need to .
Service and parts are open .

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had my regen update done on my 2018 (43K miles) two months ago, also had the block heater cord replaced (located in Long Island NY), and two other updates. I think one was an injector update as well. I can say by now that I am seeing about a 50% increase in regen time. I was getting 200 miles between regens driving around town, and I am now closer to 300 miles on around town regens, and 500-600 miles on highway regens. I monitor with a CTS Edge, and monitor soot % and mileage between. It will still start a regen around 70-80% soot but it seems to build up soot slower then before. The soot % used to jump right to 30-35% but now it seems it increases slower and start at a lower %. Obviously this is just my observation, but I wanted to share it will you all. I will update as I continue to drive. Though with the whole "stay at home order", and being an "essential" employee (Power plant operator) the roads are more clear, so less stop and go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts