Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am very happy w/my new DMax purchase. This truck has everything I want, power, tow/haul, comfort, and reasonable fuel mileage. So far, I have seen about 16 in light traffic and around 18.8 on the freeway, though I need a lot more drive time to feel it out. I am most impressed w/how smooth the Allison 1000 is. Another thing that was nice, when I purchased it, we had to smog it. Tech checked the EGR valve, that it wasnt blowing pure black smoke out and that was about it. As Calif goes, that IS a winner.

I bought the truck mainly as a daily driver and to tow my drag car (~5000lb w/trailer). The truck is needed to bring me sea-level through 7-8000ft elevation at times, some steep climbs and 6% downgrades. My main route to work the truck out will be Sac, CA to Fallon, NV, I-80.

At present, vehicle is 100% stock down to the air filter, but I will eventually look at minor tweaks to increase power and torque, probably just for fun if thats safe to do. Not sure what is right now. One thing for sure, my short 5'8" frame needs help getting in the door. Any suggestion on step up systems?

Thanks fora great forum.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Congrats on the truck! For side steps you could do the amp research power steps that come out when you open the door. Little pricey but clean look since try tuck away

·
Registered
7,861 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your 07' Duramax!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Welcome and X2 on amp Research i love mine!

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
:welcome

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome to DF