Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My egr system fell off with just over 60k. Pretty nasty gunk build up.

Intercooler Boot full of oil

Sinister delete kit

Of course the hardest part is the nuts and bolts on the back of the cooler. I under up using the ratchet strap method to brake the bolts loose. And i have a small leak where the blocker plate is. Need to take it off and try and see if i gasket is messed up/not cleaned enough

Reactions: Thallman30

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
It's a good thing the factory installed that EGR so poorly. It must have slipped out just right... it didn't break anything else.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mine hasn't fell out just yet, guess its gonna need a little persuasion since my profab pipe came in.

·
Goin broke in style.
656 Posts
Mine fell right into my scrap pile in the shop..best thing i ever did.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She ended up throwing codes. Thought I lucked out. Typical codes that go with deleting. One that I did get that I didn't under stand was an under boost code. Now is an under boost code common with EGR deletes?
Also I do have a edge cts so in able to clear the codes and run normal but I think I need EFI sooner rather than later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.