Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been debating for the last few months what wheels/tires to get for my LMM. Im pretty sure im going to go with a 285/65/18 18x9 -12 offset. (looking at lutzjk913's truck)

Before I buy Im considering what a 275/70/18 would look like with the same offset. I could not come up with any pics on google with a negative offset. There are more different tire options in this size is why im asking. How far would they stick out compared to the other? What kind of trimming difference would there be with 33.2x10.83(275/70) vs 32.6x11.22 (285/65)

I am set on the 18x9 Fuel Hostages -12 offset 4.5 bs
truck is being leveled with kryptonite UCA's, 5100's, and keys plus large fender mod
fender measurements stock: front- 40 3/4in rear- 41 1/2in

·
Registered
352 Posts
A 275 is a little narrow for a 9" wide wheel. As far as how much they'll stick out there wont be much of a difference between the two, less than 1/4".

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My next question is then how far will they stick out past the fenders? I kinda am looking for an excuse to put 3/4in Bushwacker fender flares on after I take care of some rust bubbles on the rear fenders. will the 275's take me out that far? I know for sure the 285's will.

·
Registered
161 Posts
A 275 is a little narrow for a 9" wide wheel. As far as how much they'll stick out there wont be much of a difference between the two, less than 1/4".
Also wondering why 275 is to narrow for a 9 inch wheel as I was thinking to go with that size next for my 9 inch fuels with a +01 offset

·
Registered
352 Posts
Most tire manufacturers will recommend a max wheel width of 8-8.5" somewhere in there for a 275. Not saying it wont work as obviously you see guys with 12.5" tires on 14" wheels but the 285 would fit on that wheel better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.