Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the blocker plate in about a week ago. Did not have a CEL come on for a few days, but sure enough it showed up. So now I am at the shop installing the finger stick I got from Kennedy Diesel.

I removed the the plastic raceway that goes over the intake. I have found the brown wire w/ the white strip. This is where the blue wire of the finger stick taps into (got that).

Then I found the Yellow, Gray, and Pink (or Red) Wires from the MAF. I see where those are going to get tapped into from the 3 wire side on the finger stick. However, I can not tell where the Green w/ the Yellow stripe wire goes on the two wire side of the finger stick.

The directions say, " The Green/Yellow gets connected to the Yellow to the remaining Yellow".

Here is the link to the pdf:
http://www.kennedydiesel.com/docs/Finger%20Stick%20Install.pdf

It refers to this on page 10 of the document. I just do not understand what they are trying to say here. Can someone please help me out on this, thanks...

·
Registered
2,538 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it in, I did not know we were cutting the yellow wire. That just was not clear to me in the document, but I got it. Thanks for the help.

Now that I have it in there, how do I clear the CEL light. I would like to get it cleared immediately and not have to wait so I can get the covers back on and be done w/ this project.

Do you pull the negative battery terminals on both batteries on these chevy's or is there another way?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
you can use a code reader to clear the code, or a tuner of some sorts. you should be able to go to a local auto parts store and they'll do it for you for no charge.

You should be able to pull the leads on the batteries for about 30 min or so to clear them as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts