Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have feedback or ideally pictures of how the Firestone Ride-Rite airbags fit on our trucks (2018 2500HD) equipped with the factory gooseneck prep kit?

I'm not interested in the AirLift kit or info relating to aftermarket hitches.

The kit that I'd consider is Firestone's W217602613 with manual fill. I'm curious to see how the upper bracket fits around the factory gooseneck hitch brackets.

Thanks!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I may have already answered my own question; found this video on YouTube from eTrailer showing a 2016, which has the factory hitch installed.

I'm also curious as to if & how you would add in a spacer should you add a lift block under the rear axle, say 1".

·
Registered
242 Posts
When we did my bag kit, my truck was lifted. The spacer blocks twisted on the bottom of the bags and locked, then they bolted to the bracket.

·
Registered
130 Posts
We had them on our last 2015 3500. We had air issues, compressor issues, control issues and no support from Firestone.
We used Timbren Hollow rubber springs on our 2500 HD and if in the unlikely event we have to go this route with our 2020 3500 we'll go with Timbren.
The stock rubber stop pops out - the Timbren pops in. Takes 5 minutes and about $110.

Jus' sayin':

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We had them on our last 2015 3500. We had air issues, compressor issues, control issues and no support from Firestone.
We used Timbren Hollow rubber springs on our 2500 HD and if in the unlikely event we have to go this route with our 2020 3500 we'll go with Timbren.
The stock rubber stop pops out - the Timbren pops in. Takes 5 minutes and about $110.

Jus' sayin':

Thanks, but that didn’t really address my question.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts