Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just wanted to let you guys know what i think about this tire.

One its more aggressive looking then it brother firestone destition at which my dad has on his duramax.

When i broght my f250 it had a set that was pretty much wore out, it still rode great, so i brought another set of them. I put 15000 miles on the tires before i sold the truck.

So when i purchased my current truck it needed a set to. I must look for trucks needing tires.lol

I started to go with the BFG AT but i had really good luck with the transforce at tire. So i purchased another set of them. I should add i only buy 10ply tires.

Now my dad doesnt care for this destition at, he said he wont buy another set. But mostly i really happy with the tire i brought. I went back with a 265/75/16

Premium Member
265 not 256

I've been considering those for my Flatbed, six 235/80R-17Es to my door for $1,038.

Reviews are all over the place with mileage, some getting only 30k, others running beyond 70k, all on HD trucks.

You only ran them for 15k, how did they balance out? Problematic?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I dotn think they would last now 70,000. But i can see 45,000 out of them. If i took better care of them i sure they would last longer.

now dad had a set of firestone something le i think they were a road tire. Now he really got 50,000 out of them
but he was mostly just driven up adn down the road his constrution company was all over the place.

They balace really well, very little weight another reason i went with them.
My bud from chruch put a set of liek 265 on his 1500 2wd they got alot biger weights on them.

I try to get them rotated and balanced every 5000 or so when i change my oil.
This is my second set of them and if these do as well as the last set ill buy another set.

I paid 780 for a set of 275/70/18 for my ford, paid 680 for the 265 we have a local guy thats always done my family right.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
fixed it for you

Premium Member
The Transforce replaced the Steel-Tex, which seemed to run forever as a commercial traction tire...they cheapened it up with the TF replacement, not as durable for mileage.

I'm running the Mich LTX A/T2 on my LBZ...while they ride good and ARE quiet, they're rock magnets with the tread design, constantly throwing gravel and chipping paint. GrrRRrr So, I'm looking for something else for the LMM. :cool:

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
my insurance agent runs Mich LTX on his f250 paid out the butt for them, he says he will be lucky to get 25 to 30 thousand miles out of them. bone stock truck pulls a camper about 3 times a year.

Registered
I was running them in 265/75 last winter. Put about 5k miles on them and you couldn't even tell. Pretty decent tire for the money. Helped me blast through some 4' snow drifts.. however they DID meet their match at the 2' solid blown over gravel road about half a mile down it :rockin

This year... however... way higher...plus a fresh set of bigger meats means no more sitting on the frame, oh, am i'm going to make that road my bitch :woopass

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
I started to go with that set of BFG AT they look good, mostly always heard good things abotu them.
My buddy goave like 1100 bucks for a set of them for his ford, I told him he gave to much then i priced them at Walls tire. was like 150 cheaper, boy was he mad.

I do have one question when i was in high school they use to be a tire called Side Winder or something silmilar. They looked just like BFG AT tire, now they wont the best tire by no means, I ran they mud tire cause i was cheap and i really like spinning them. lol

Registered
Transforce AT is a great tire

I even ran them on my 1/2 ton

1 - 9 of 9 Posts