Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 6" FabTech lift kit on my 06 2500HD. I was wondering what would you suggest to tighten up the front end? To give me a super solid handling and firm up the little bit of swaying?

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A set of cognito braces and a centerlink would help alot :drink
Awesome, will this help with the slight drifting? Cause it feels like I am drifitng in my lane, to the left and right. I appreciate your response. It feels like this forum is dying or more and more people are just not answering like they used to.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
i had a prob with an it alined seem to fix it

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone have a specific link to anything in specific?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What about dual shocks to stiffin it up a little
Would that help with the swaying? It's mostly the swaying that gets me. Maybe its just cause I am new to the lifted world.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I have the same suspension as you do and have wondered the same thing. I did replace tie rods with the FT Hd's but of course that did not change the way it feels while driving. You def. have to "drive" my truck.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
477 Posts
Here's a thought guys...... you just took and lifted a 9,000 pound truck 6", the center of gravity has changed and not for the better. Handling is one of the trade offs we sacrifice when putting a lift kit on.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's a thought guys...... you just took and lifted a 9,000 pound truck 6", the center of gravity has changed and not for the better. Handling is one of the trade offs we sacrifice when putting a lift kit on.
Well, Mr Sarcasm, I/We are aware of that. What we are looking for is aftermarket parts that will help counteract it. Anything else?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
566 Posts
Would that help with the swaying? It's mostly the swaying that gets me. Maybe its just cause I am new to the lifted world.
Id imagine itd help some with the swaying but not postive. The thing that annoys me is how bouncy the front end is. but then again i use to have an f-250. an its not a cheap mod (but what is haha)

an i love haulin a$$ around corners faster then ricers with a 8,000lb lifted truck

·
Registered
434 Posts
You still have the lower bump stop on there. Alot of the drifting is from the wider track width.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Hmm...I've never heard of torsion bars and shocks affecting swaying in on the road :rolleyes:. How about a straight centerlink and braces, granted your pit/idler arms are in decent shape. You CAN lift a 9,000lb truck and have it steer straight. Big tires are just going to wear the steering parts out faster.

·
Registered
566 Posts
^^^ I was under the impression he ment swaying as in the whole truck around corners. and the front end feelin bouncy over bumps an what not. not back an forth on the road. so if thats the case to the op, my bad on the dual shock set up.

·
Registered
736 Posts
^^^ I was under the impression he ment swaying as in the whole truck around corners. and the front end feelin bouncy over bumps an what not. not back an forth on the road. so if thats the case to the op, my bad on the dual shock set up.
Na not bashin ya I was talkin to whoever said torsion bars and shocks have more to do with sway/steering than the centerlink.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
larger tires also sway more than smaller ones...i noticed the difference from 245's to 285's, anything bigger would be alot more noticeable id imagine

1 - 20 of 28 Posts