Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm glad I found this forum. I've owned a few Chevy cars over the years. This is my first Diesel and big truck. We bought it to pull an RV we haven't decided on yet. I hope to learn a lot here.

·
Premium Member
2,551 Posts
Welcome aboard.

Reactions: WakeUpandWander

·
Premium Member
10,656 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks, what kind of fifth wheel is that in your avatar? I'm looking at a few different models of TT and 5rs right now trying to decide which one I want is the hard part.
Lots of people that tow on here so read and learn. Have you pulled a TT or a 5er before? The experience is night and day different. It might change your mind on what type of RV to look at.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lots of people that tow on here so read and learn. Have you pulled a TT or a 5er before? The experience is night and day different. It might change your mind on what type of RV to look at.

The only thing I have pulled is a popup camper. I've pulled that thing thousands of miles. It's just time to upgrade.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
The only thing I have pulled is a popup camper. I've pulled that thing thousands of miles. It's just time to upgrade.
How important is the bed of the truck to you? That MAY change your TT vs 5th. I love the space of a 5th wheel, but I use my bed too much with and with out the camper....

Pulling the 5th hitch isn't terrible, alot of options. some light, some heavy...

Storage on a 5th is great but things to consider. Grills (compact or full size) Bikes, Kayaks/ Canoes. Bed rack configuration, etc.

There are ways around everything, just need to decide whats right for you...

I pull a 30 TT but moving to the 5th means changing the way I've done things as above for years...

Welcome BTW...

·
Registered
44 Posts
5th wheel trailers haul much better due to the bulk of the weight being over axle instead of back of truck with leverage.

Also if your worried about keeping use of bed there are multiple options you can do to retain use of bed when not towing a 5th wheel trailer. Lots of options leave you with no 5th wheel hitch rails left behind when towing.

I work at a RV service center and we install these all the time. We get feedback all the time. I can’t even begin to tell you how many times I have heard how the customer never wants to haul another pull tongue travel trailer after hauling a 5th wheel trailer. It’s night and day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts