Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was my first diesel drag race. Great day just to be outside, but since my wife has made me paint for the past 3 weeks, she said we cold go. I met up with Trace (duramax07tmd) and Cory (oleblack03). This was at 1/8th mile track and holy $h!t those things were ROLLING. There was one there that hit 151. Thats probably not the best but good gracious, thats the fastest diesel I've seen up close. LOTS of cummins, and lots of broken parts. Also had a tug of war which was NUTS. There was a truck that was built just for those and it actually broke the yoke of a crane truck. Anyway, my wife actually had a great time, cant wait for the next one... She couldn't believe that peolpe would spend that much money just to have it break and have to be pulled home (from the tug-o-war, including a lbz dually). The actual real truck that won was a furd 7.3 dually. It still amazes me to see how much power these trucks make

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Diesel events are the sh!t.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I hope to procreate my first child at a drag strip even.

Still trying to talk the ole lady into it.

pics of said truck that was breaking 150 mph in the 1/8th.... that thing has to be sick....

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Wish they would have diesel events down here in Corpus Christi!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I hope to procreate my first child at a drag strip even.

Still trying to talk the ole lady into it.

pics of said truck that was breaking 150 mph in the 1/8th.... that thing has to be sick....

it was awesome!!!! I just found the name of that guy... It's Darren Morrison. Sorry, it was 141 not 150, but it was still moving!!!! Heres a video from yesterday and a better one below that (different race) LOL Announcer "prostock diesel, I have no clue what these are going to run" :rofl

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I wish a diesel event would come around here but it never does, it sucks.
And Darren Morrison is the owner of ProStreet Diesel which is in Cairo GA, about a 25 minute drive from where I live in Thomasville GA. He's know in the Cummins world.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Wade wade wade wade wade

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts

·
Oh...... Squirrel!