Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

Just bought a 07.5 LMM Sierra 2500. Got it from a private party for a great price.

I bought it from an older gentleman who took great care of the truck and has done a ton of maintenance and has all the records to prove it.

I have EGR question? Within the last 2k miles before I bought the truck the guy had problems with the DPF. Instead of fixing it he decided to delete the entire thing. Brand new 4'' exhaust from the DP back, an EFI live program, and they unplugged the EGR. I've read a bunch but I am having a hard time getting a concise answer.

Is just unplugging the EGR sufficient? Ive read that it keeps the valve closed with spring tension however high boost levels can push it open. I dont plan on doing any performance upgrades past whats already there, maybe an intake. I dont drive super hard, occasional towing as of now, but just want to know if I should delete the EGR all together? My goals with the truck are more geared towards reliability and longevity.

Thanks!
Adam

·
Registered
78 Posts
What’s the total mileage on the truck? Most will probably tell you to delete it, which is hard to argue. However, Not knowing your states emissions laws, and since you just bought the truck...I think I would get 100% caught up on all fluids and fixing/replacing any worn parts that may need attention for piece of mind.(front end, brakes, U-joints, thermostats, transfer case & diff. Fluid Etc.) If everything is all good, and you’re concerned, you can always pull off the EGR and check how bad it really is. Possibly even clean it, then make your decision.

**Also, it’s a never ending debate on if an intake actually does anything better than stock with minor upgrades. If you feel like spending the cash, go for it, if not, save for something else.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts