Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my first diesel, an 03' GMC Sierra crew-cab shortbox w/62K on the clock. I'm not planning on going crazy with the mods, i'm just looking for a rig that'll last me a long time.

The main reason I bought a diesel is to tow my real baby, my 66' FJ-40, out to the trail and back (whenever I get it ready to go to the trail :) ). Anyway... just thought i'd check in with you guys so when I have questions I can get a response from the people who know the best.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin.

P.S. What size tire can I fit without a lift and without scrubbing?

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
first off welcome to the site..also while i think about you have a 7yrs/200k miles warranty on your stock injecters in case you ever have trouble with them.for mods a nice T/B Silverline exhaust along with a Programmer and the best for the buck is the Diablo but i think the best of the best is the PPE tuners and both wil add some extra hp and calibrate for bigger tires and help your fuel economy..Tire size,the biggest with out any sort of rubbing is a 265-75R16(31-10.50R16)but if you turn the T/Bars up a little you can fit 285-75R16(32.7-11.00R16)on there but they are know to hit when you off road withem but for the look i think it is worth it..hope this helps

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks alot, what kind of mileage gains could I expect with the exhaust and a programer?

With those upgrades, is thier any downsides to extensive wear on the drivetrain, or is the stock trans/transfer strong enough to hold up to the added power?

Thanks,

Kevin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts