Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got out of school and got the truck I've been waiting for a 2007.5 2500HD LTZ with a LMM Duramax. Its my first diesel and I'm never going back. I have already made some mods but looking to go further with it. I just need a little help and advise, anything helps. :gearjamin

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Welcome to the DF! EFI live

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes sir... no cat, DPF, muf, or EGR

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
^i'm pretty sure he's already done that given his exhaust and programmer. The only thing i could really suggest would be an egr block/delete and pcv reroute. both just longetivity mods that help in the long run.

Welcome to the forum and throw some pics up of the rig! Did you buy it all stock or throw everything on yourself?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya I bought it used with 50,000mi and have done all the mods with a little help here and there... I am looking at EFI live I just don't know much about it. Can I run it with the H&S I already have? and ill have pics up soon.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
no, EFI is a standalone tuning setup.

Here's a thread explaining more in case you're interested. It's really kind of an end all. You'll read all day long about different tuners and who's best blah blah blah, but do your research and find one that you like/trust. I personally went with ATP, however it's up to you in the long run, we have a ton of great vendors here that will help out! good news is that you should be able to sell your H&S fairly easy for someone just wanting to ditch their dpf and not do much more.

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/efi-live/30321-efi-live-faq-read-first.html

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the help I read that link and didn't see anything about EFI handling a DPF delete can you program it to run without it? also I run the H&S for the built in gauges are there any options? sorry for all the dumb long questions

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Yes EFI can be used to DPF delete...

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app...

·
Registered
221 Posts
I just got out of school as well and will be looking to get the same truck after I've saved up some. Lets see some pics of this bad boy! :welcome btw

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
yep, and you should be able to keep the H&S for the gauges then as well.. i apologize for not knowing much about the h&s system, never had any experience with them. I know that guys run their edge insight cs/cts's as just gauge units, so i don't see why it would be different in your case.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Looks good !!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the compliments and help, I hope to get EFI and a tranny build done by the end of the year.... I uploaded some picks to my profile take a look... Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Welcome to the forum

1 - 16 of 16 Posts