Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
I don't know much about older models of GM's....but I have an 07 "classic ( basically an 06) and it's rated 360HP and 660TQ stock w/ a 6 speed allison that has manual shift as well as auto. And the new 07 body style is 365HP and 665TQ with the same tranny setup...just a bunch of emmisions stuff added.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
the earlier years are getting the best fuel economy(01 thru 04 LB7)but the best combo is the 06 thru 07 classice w/t LBZ/6sp allison tranny..

·
Registered
65 Posts
Right now I say buy a Ford or a Dodge:mad:

·
Registered
699 Posts
LBZ all the way

·
Registered
855 Posts
I would go for the LBZ(06-07) with the six speed ALLY, defintely worth the investment.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
Right now I say buy a Ford or a Dodge:mad:
sorry to hear all the trouble and i can say it can happen with any vehicle seeing we had sevaral mopars and fords with all the trouble you could want and you'll have that in gm also now that doesn't mean the whole brand is bad but just that one so i would look into getting the lemo law for your truck..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What years have the LBZ? Its the one that didnt have any injector issues right? I am looking at GM since they offer a crewcab SWB and I dont have to pay an arm and a leg for a used one. I would never buy a 6.0 ford. I have driven a few at work, what a joke for power. &.3 all the way. I am a big Cummins fan just not a big fan of the crap they wrapped around it when they introduced the mega cab. If I get a cummins it will have to be 04 or 05 or 12v no crew cabs there.

Thanx for the input keep it comming.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
What years have the LBZ? Its the one that didnt have any injector issues right? I am looking at GM since they offer a crewcab SWB and I dont have to pay an arm and a leg for a used one. I would never buy a 6.0 ford. I have driven a few at work, what a joke for power. &.3 all the way. I am a big Cummins fan just not a big fan of the crap they wrapped around it when they introduced the mega cab. If I get a cummins it will have to be 04 or 05 or 12v no crew cabs there.

Thanx for the input keep it comming.
the best way to tell what engine you have is by using the Vin # and count the 8th didgit in and if it is a
1=LB7 used 01 thru 04
2=LLY used 04.5 thru 05
2=LLY used 06 but it is different then the 05 LLY and uses the same tuning as the LBZ so count the 8th didgit in from the back and if it is a 6 it is the 2006 LLY.
D=LBZ used 06 thru 07
6=LMM used 07.5 and still in prodution..
ps you can tell what year a vehicle is by counting the 8th didgit left to right and if it is a
Y=00
1=01
2=02 and so up thru the 2000's..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts