Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
So Long Space Cowboy...
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
My Name is John, and I just bought my very first duramax.
Im 20 and I have a great job and I just bought an 08 2500hd ccsb z71 ltz duramax. I just joined the forum recently.
Obviously Im gonna start modifying this truck asap.
Just looking for some dvice on where to start- thanks

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
Welcome to DF JOHN...

You have a nice truck, just need to lose that DPF :stickpoke

:drink

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
welcome man. post up some pics and fill out your sig in case you have any questions in the future so we can help easier!

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Welcome to the DF

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
503 Posts
Welcome. I'd start with pcv reroute. Then egr blocker plate exhaust and EFI live tuner. Getting rid of the pcv and egr are the best to make your engine last longer.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Tennessee Smokin'
490 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Tons of people here to help you spend adobe of that $.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Welcome to the forum

- Adam

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
Welcome to the DF and congrats John !

·
Registered
322 Posts
WELCOME TO DF!!! nice ride,oh we can spend your money on goodies for your truck!!lol:drink

·
So Long Space Cowboy...
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks alot guys- ive got some plans for this baby.
Im ordering a transgo jr shift kit this weekend, and the next check ill pick up an exhaust and the dsp5 switch- i dont want a v2- frankly i dont have time to mess with it- but id likee to run some of idaho robs tunes.

any ideas on how i could pull that off?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
You can just buy one of their pre tuned ecms, so its all plug and play. Usually works like you send them your ecm overnight and they will send you one in return with the dsp5 tunes loaded. so all you have to worry about is mounting the switch somewhere. A cheaper alternative to the whole V2 setup.

·
So Long Space Cowboy...
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
that would be through idaho rib's company right? if so that sounds like the best option for me- plus a keylock dsp5

·
Registered
772 Posts
Welcome John! I recommend efi live from rob very highly!

·
So Long Space Cowboy...
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I keep hearing that the guy is an absolute genius, plus his tunes are safe for the stock(ish) tranny- i know this is hard to believe but im actually doing this mostly for the fuel economy. i drive and absolute sh*tload, so every bit helps

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts

·
So Long Space Cowboy...
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks tony ill check it out man. i just really dont want to go with a canned tuner- eveeryone seems to end up with efi live- so i figured y not just start there?

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
thanks tony ill check it out man. i just really dont want to go with a canned tuner- eveeryone seems to end up with efi live- so i figured y not just start there?
You're 100% on the right track.

Transgo Jr
Idaho Rob tunes
Exhaust
Gauges
AirDog2 165
Tie Rods

1 - 20 of 37 Posts