Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I don't know if this an accomplishment or not, cause I dont know anything about BMWs, but it made me feel good so Ill tell it anyway.

I was on my way home tonight and this car comes flying onto the road, driving quite erratically, tail gating cars, speeding up and slowing down, basically just being a tool. He slows down to about 70 km/h and lets me get up beside him. I look over and its 4 college kids, with their hats on sideways, probably wearing skinny jeans like a bunch of dinks. We both speed up to about 80 km/h head to head, stay like that for about a km, when I see him turn to the 2 guys in the back and say, what I imagine was along the lines of "Wanna see something cool bros? gonna smoke this dude".

I would like to take this time to state that my truck is basically the most not fast looking truck ever, I will get pics up sometime, but its still got the stock rake and micheline lt tires, so they are small and makes the truck look rather unaggressive.

Anyway he drops the car into what I imagine is first or second and falls back to about my back bumper. Knowing what was about to happen, I took the opportunity to spool up and the truck takes off like a bat out of hell by the time he reaches my door. He is trying to get in front of me, but he cant, since he is rapidly falling back. I am going "holy crap, holy crap this thing is unbelievable" huge smile on my face, as its the first time I have really punched it since getting the truck.

We go until he is about a full car length behind me (and quickly getting farther) and I let off to let him catch up. The wide open slack jawed look on all 4 guys faces pretty much made my night, I guarantee they are in their dorm, on the internet, probably googling gas GMCs (they were the "touched" looking type), trying to figure out how they couldn't get in front of a full sized truck.

So he probably couldn't shift for crap... ext, but all that matters is I took the guy down a peg, probably ruined his night, every time he brings up how awesome his BMW with aftermarket rims is, his buddies will be like "Bro, remember that time that truck killed you?" hahaha serves him right for driving like a dick.

So there is my story :)

Reactions: The Dude1

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
A true BMW M3 is a quick car. The newer ones are twin turbo. Great driver cars. I don't advocate street racing but perhaps that took some wind from that kid's sails. I would imagine a lot of it is, as you stated, that the driver was rather inept at shifting.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was an older one judging by the body style. I was actually just hoping to keep up and was rather surprised when I started pulling away. Most of those kids that end up with those higher end cars don't have any idea how to drive, and don't have any respect for the car or anyone else's safety, since they 1) didn't pay for the car 2)know mommy and daddy will bale them out. Its actually super common around here that young kids have high end sports cars... they usually total them driving like retards, or Drunk driving. Then get another one... Sad.

I usually drive quite conservatively, but occasionally when someone pisses me off, described above, and there is no one in front and no way on to the road, I'll Run them.

Reactions: The Dude1

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Sometimes those turds need to be knocked down a peg. Lots of fast cars and trucks out there. I really enjoy embarrassing the little nerds racing around in someone else's stock vehicle.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Great kill. I had a experience with a M3. Took him just like you did. The look on the kids face...Priceless

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys,

I have a couple similar experiences since. The looks on the faces are just perfect a combo of shock and amazement that changes to anger when their girlfriends wave back :).
Occasionally you have the ignorant individual who wants to try again off the next light and double down on getting killed.

Overall super happy with the truck and the tuning. Best combo of power/fun to drive, useability and economy. It gets better fuel economy than my corvette (sold to buy the truck) and its way way quicker (off the line). Now if performance parts were cheaper it would be the best all around, or even if the Canadian dollar wasn't worthless lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.