Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
I took off Saturday morning around 4 am headed for Anderson Indiana about a 4-5 hr drive for me with stops. Wife and both Goldens in the back seat, when I pulled into the RV dealer I had just over a 1/4 tank and had averaged 22 MPG while running 65-72mph. I averaged 21.5 on the way back with headwind Pretty happy with a big truck doing that. Was not happy Sunday morning waking up to a coolant leak on the upper radiator hose.

LHN...We ARE the Joneses
1st, commenting on the 1/4 tank level, you must be looking to your DIC for mileage, not filling up and hand calculating reality.

2nd, you made the Wife ride in the back seat with the dogs....for over 4hrs? ;angel

Registered
I can avg 21-22 via my Lie o meter DIC.

Registered
I can avg 21-22 via my Lie o meter DIC.

Mine seems to be fairly accurate but somewhat low. My edge always tells me im getting over 20 on the highway but DIC says 16.5-17 im guessing its somewhere in between there

-head studs and gaskets
-66mm (stupid loud)
-5鈥 straight pipe axle dumped
-shimmed
-full s&b intake and mouthpiece
-dans diesel 800 HP built trans with biller stator
-dans built trans tunes
-glowshift EGT, boost(not working because i broke it), fuel pressure(have not found a sender to work for it help please), edge cts2
-PPE sleeves
-fuel lab 100 gph lift pump

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
1st, commenting on the 1/4 tank level, you must be looking to your DIC for mileage, not filling up and hand calculating reality.

2nd, you made the Wife ride in the back seat with the dogs....for over 4hrs? ;angel
Negative I hand calculate on every tank of fuel. And no the wife rode up front. The LIE O Meter is not your friend. I use an App on my phone and calculate all fuel fillups and repairs along with expenses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts