Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my first HD truck - used 2020 GMC 3500 AT4.

We bought more truck than we need with a small to mid-size travel trailer but are really happy with the truck. My thought is better to have too much truck than too much trailer. Ideally wanted a 2500 but the deal on this was too good to pass up. We have a lot of questions around adding weight to the bed in winter, tires, DEF, suspension, etc. but will do a search and post in the right thread for those.

So far I have added the Leer HF650M Tonneau and have mixed feelings on it.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2019 3500HD 4x4 Cclb, Banks Intake, AG Diesel Module
869 Posts
Nice truck.

·
Premium Member
10,831 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice! You can never buy too much truck. You might trade the trailer off one day and realize you want a much bigger unit.

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
2021 Silverado 2500HD LTZ L5P
219 Posts
I live in Wisconsin been here since 2000 until this year I drove a 2003 silverado 1500 z71. never added weight for the winter just hit the auto 4wd button when the roads were snowy or rainy and 4 high if I had to bust through higher drifts. don't plan on adding weight to my new 2500 z71 either

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Congrats on the truck! I wanted an AT4 but couldnt find them within 250 miles of me at the time.

You can never have too much truck. Always better to have a setup that isnt sweating doing what you need it to do instead of "wasting" money that just barely gets you by.

Personally, i go to home depot and grab sandbags for the winter. Then dump it in my kids pit in the summer. I get anywhere from 6-12 bags depending on their stock at the time - they cost a smidge over $4 per 50lb bag. I evenly distribute to each size, and then in front of and behind the wheelwell hump in the bed. Makes a world of difference and they wont slide around back there.

Reactions: Snoozer
1 - 8 of 8 Posts