Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Just joined today, im 22, from NC and just bought my first diesel truck.

Any recommendations on maintenance, tips, tricks, etc?

Its a 2015 Silverado 2500HD LTZ.

Oh and share what you have :)

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Welcome!

The best advice is to make sure you use it for what it was designed to be used for. Towing and hauling are what these things were built to do. I have seen and fixed more trucks that are used by guys that are trying to look cool and drive to the office than the trucks that get put to work. Post up some pics of your truck loaded down and getting to it, it always enjoyable seeing these things do work!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome!

The best advice is to make sure you use it for what it was designed to be used for. Towing and hauling are what these things were built to do. I have seen and fixed more trucks that are used by guys that are trying to look cool and drive to the office than the trucks that get put to work. Post up some pics of your truck loaded down and getting to it, it always enjoyable seeing these things do work!
No doubt!!

I mainly bought it because i drive 90% highway and when going riding on the weekends me and my buddies switch out who hauls the trailer! (My old ram 1500 was horrible on gas with 35s) Im also looking into grabbing a flat bed and hauling some cars for folks. I'll def post some pics when I get her loaded down for ya!

Reactions: Hoser

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
#1. Dont do the Carolina Squat
#2. ???
#3 profit

Welcome aboard. As stated, they do enjoy when you beat the hell outta them. Load her up and don't think twice. Going to be a helluva upgrade over your Hemi. Youll be checking your mirrors to make sure you didnt lose your load

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
2021 3500HD GMC Denali
96 Posts
#1. Dont do the Carolina Squat
#2. ???
#3 profit

Welcome aboard. As stated, they do enjoy when you beat the hell outta them. Load her up and don't think twice. Going to be a helluva upgrade over your Hemi. Youll be checking your mirrors to make sure you didnt lose your load
Those squatted trucks are some of the dumbest looking things on the road! Female dogs squat! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those squatted trucks are some of the dumbest looking things on the road! Female dogs squat! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would never do such a thing to a beautiful DURAMAX!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Welcome! My first and current diesel is a 2015 Sierra! Great truck! You’ll love it.

Reactions: Mymzy

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome! My first and current diesel is a 2015 Sierra! Great truck! You’ll love it.
Thank you brotha!!
Man you got that GMC money 😎😎😎

• Haha
Reactions: Sulfur

·
Premium Member
10,672 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
Hello all,

Just joined today, im 22, from NC and just bought my first diesel truck.

Any recommendations on maintenance, tips, tricks, etc?

Its a 2015 Silverado 2500HD LTZ.

Oh and share what you have :)

Thanks in advance!
Try this thread, most of what you need is listed here:

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Welcome!! I'm in NC also.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts