Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got all the injectors out waiting on my new ones (suppose to be here day after tomorrow) any hints or ideas on the first steps i need to take BEFORE i try turning it over for the first time? I have a new filter on and all that jazz but how do I prime these bad boys? IM NERVOUS lol this has been no easy project these lb7's are a real B!tch to change injectors on...:help

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
prime prime prime, bleed.....

Repeat a few times til the primer is about as hard as its gonna get....

Then crank it over in bursts of 5-10 sec max...let it cool for a few seconds.

Might take 3-4 cycles of cranking to get all the air out.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright, im assuming bleed them at the fuel lines closest to the valve cover? I appreciate the help!

·
Registered
36 Posts
getting ready to change mine as well any special tools or hints

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Isn't there a fuel line tool needed also? I'll be changing my i njectors in the next couple of weeks and I thought I read where a fuel line disconnect tool is needed........

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
alright, im assuming bleed them at the fuel lines closest to the valve cover? I appreciate the help!
NO these are high pressure lines (up to 23,000 psi).

Just use the bleeder screw at the fuel filter housing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
injector sleeve ?

i have been told that there is an injector "sleeve" at each , filled with or surrounded by coolant . it is important that the "sleeve" not be disturbed if possible when un-screwing each injector . try not to have the sleeve un -screw. other wise you have to replace the sleeve as well . which are added parts/labor $$$ . does this sound correct ?
thanks marc

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kinda, you can't really un screw the injector. I lucked out on mine and all the injectors came right out. I am having other issues though if your interested its on another post I did. Changing the injectors wasn't bad itself its the problem I'm having now that sucks.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm hoping mine is within the extended warranty so I don't have to do this myself. It scares me. lol best of luck to you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts