Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Silverado 2500HD
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Saturday I am going to run my truck on the 1/4 mile drag strip. With the mod's in my sig, and almost positive I have a built trans, I'm going to do a 4x4 launch. Just looking for anyone with experience in 1/4 mile for some advise. I'm thinking of doing a 5lb launch and keeping it pinned down until I hit the finish. Ill be sure to post the video on Saturday. Anyone with advise would be appreciated!

·
Registered
2008 Silverado 2500HD
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Edit: It is the 01 and I will be running the PPE level 5 tune.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Air down the tires lower the front to get CV flat.

·
Registered
2008 Silverado 2500HD
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good point. I'll probably crank down the torsion bars as much as possible and how much pressure in tires? I was thinking around 30-35

·
Registered
348 Posts
You racing at gateway?

·
Registered
2008 Silverado 2500HD
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes sir. Test and tune is Saturday morning. You gonna come watch?

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
please tell me your tie-rod sleeves are on the truck

·
Registered
2008 Silverado 2500HD
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As my sig says, they are on order. I decided I'm going to do this on Tuesday. Not about to launch in 4x4 without sleeves. They are set to arrive on Friday, and I'll be putting them on friday night, going to the track Saturday Morning.

·
Registered
863 Posts
This Saturday I am going to run my truck on the 1/4 mile drag strip. With the mod's in my sig, and almost positive I have a built trans, I'm going to do a 4x4 launch. Just looking for anyone with experience in 1/4 mile for some advise. I'm thinking of doing a 5lb launch and keeping it pinned down until I hit the finish. Ill be sure to post the video on Saturday. Anyone with advise would be appreciated!
Your almost positive??

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
As my sig says, they are on order. I decided I'm going to do this on Tuesday. Not about to launch in 4x4 without sleeves. They are set to arrive on Friday, and I'll be putting them on friday night, going to the track Saturday Morning.
your gonna need to get your truck alined after you put them on

·
Registered
2008 Silverado 2500HD
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't think so. I'll be sure to take some careful measurements and count the turns.

·
King of Battle
854 Posts
your gonna need to get your truck alined after you put them on
I was thinkin the same thing, for normal driving you would be alright but if your gonna run her down the track your prolly gonna be all over the place. Since it such a short time to do it, Id do like i did measure the tie rods as they are now and just make sure after you put on the sleeves that they are the same length.

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
I don't think so. I'll be sure to take some careful measurements and count the turns.
i counted the threads on my truck when i was putting mine on, when i got done i still had an off center steering wheel, got her alined and the guy told me i was over 1/4 inch off

·
Registered
2008 Silverado 2500HD
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have an arsenal of cool tools, including a pretty nice digital caliper style measuring tool. I'll measure the exact length down the the hundred thousandth and make sure to count turns carefully. We have a nice straight stretch of backroad a few miles from my house to use as our first "testing grounds"

·
King of Battle
854 Posts
sounds like you got it all figured out cant wait to see the results!

·
Registered
348 Posts
I will not be there. Wish I could but I have to work. Good luck

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Silverado 2500HD
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quick question for any tranny guys who are still up. Did a test run at WOT and once I hit about 90 my trans slipped. So should I cancel my plans of drag racing or just take my foot out of it when I hit 5th?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts