Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

First Tow with New Music

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  rock4xfab 
#1 · (Edited)
Truck pulled great with the new compliant Music until I forgot to turn the station form 3 back to 2. While starting to accelerate around a tractor the trans slammed the truck out of 5th into 4th. felt like I got rear-ended with full line pressure. Had to pull over use the CTS2 to reset and power cycle the TCM. After that the remaining 418 miles was uneventful. Averaged 11.5MPG across the 657 mile trip up to the Northwoods and got 11.1 on the way back. The old radio played better on long grades but this did ok. Overall happy with the first long trip in the books since the axle and gear swap. Also I picked up a new 4.10 diff for the front while I was in Michigan. Take away's 59-66 is the happy spot for temps when pulling. With the new gears and music anytime I want over 70 the trans and motor got warm. 59-66 Highest ECT was 219 never heard the fan kick in. trans highest temp was 186. OAT started out this morning 78- and by the time I made Illinois OAT was 93. Scaled same as the last ticket 24,300# GCW biggest grade 8.2 most of the trip ECT 197 and trans was for the most part 85-95Deg above ambient.

#5 ·
I had some bootleg major artist but with all the copy write infringements now I couldn't get a new soundtrack and it wasn't compatible with the new 4.10 gears and Fuel Economy went to absolute SHIT. So I went with another music supplier and added some weight back to the truck ( unfortunately ) but was able to get 5 new Stations. Could be better Could be worse, my listening taste is vast. LOL Based on Station Frequency, I get 1-30 2-60 3-100 4-120 5-150. Semi broad frequency, but they all feel lugged down or retarded.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.