Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am runnin in an ohio high school drag and i am wanting some tips.

What hp lvel should would be safe for my mods?
What are some launching techniques?
When or do I kick it out of 4hi?
What are some other mods that are suggested

Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm not so sure about 4x4 launch without sleeves, and cognito braces would be good too. I'd stay in 2 wheel and boost enough to not blow the tires off on take off. If you do 4x4 launch, you leave it on the whole way, it won't disengage until you let off anyway.
May i ask why you're doing a zf6 swap?

Edit: You don't have lift keys do you?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan on buying sleeves before the drag. I am doin the zf-6 swap because I love standards and I like to be unique. also it gives me somethin to do lol

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Sleeves or hd tierods, drop your torsion bars, put er in 4high, boost to about 10-15 psi or whatever is barely less than enough to blow all four off and let er rip!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I plan on buying sleeves before the drag. I am doin the zf-6 swap because I love standards and I like to be unique. also it gives me somethin to do lol
Dude the Allison is the best transmission in the world, do not put a manual in that truck! If you are going to do that just go get a dodge with a manual and put a 55 gallon drum in the bed for a stack, that would be different but dont take out the Allison out :snapp

·
Registered
510 Posts
I ran with no sleeves and 35s 100s of 1/8th mile passes at 500+ rwhp

I wouldnt reccomend it but I did it... There are guys on there that have seen it in action lol

They finally broke by the way... haha

so are you going to have the swap done before the race?

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
I am runnin in an ohio high school drag and i am wanting some tips.

What hp lvel should would be safe for my mods? 100 hp over stock
What are some launching techniques? Drop the bars, lower tire pressure, boost it up to 10-15 psi and hold on.
When or do I kick it out of 4hi? Never. You can push the button or bump the lever but it wont come out until you lift to 0% throttle.
What are some other mods that are suggested

Thanks
A lift pump would help you alot. And I wouldn't swap for a ZF6 if you plan on racing it. It WILL be slower than if you had a built Allison.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the swap wont be done before the race. i probably wont race when i get it done. when i am towing I like to shift. and dont worry there are plenty of kids my age wit a cummins chokin out some coal. I dont plan on bein one ever lol

·
Registered
118 Posts
No need for rowing. Build the alli! You can just buy the Fleece tapshift if you want to shift gears. And pretend to use a clutch. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts