Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of yall have made it REAL clear that when running the FASS (Not the HPFP) that you can only do so with more than a 1/3 of a tank of fuel. This is due to the fuel "Cup" they put on the end of the stock fuel pick-up. The FASS move soo much volume, the stock "Cup" can not refill in time when fuel level is below the top of the "Cup". SO....our fix? Part number STK-3001. This is a 1/2" Suction tube kit that totaly by-passes the stock pick up tube. The bottom of the draw tube sits about 1/8" from the bottom of the tank. This has worked very well with the Dodges.

ALSO the HPFP pumps have not had this issue. DUE to that the flow is static. Its a Demand only pump...it internaly by-passes to keep pressure to a point.....but lacks the return the FASS has. This return to the tank moves the excess 150 or 95 GPM volume back to the tank....thus draining the cup when fuel is low.

·
Registered
73 Posts
just for the sake of conversation.....is there a sock of some sort on this pickup to prevent possible larger particles from getting to the fuel filter and causing premature filter plugging?????

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope....not needed. The fuel gets pushed through the 140 Micron water separator first then the pump and 10 (or 3) micron filter. You have a HUGE amt of filtration that would take a very long time to clog up...unless you tank was full of crap to begin with! The HPFP has a inline filter on the pick up. A 3/8" filter of sorts.

Its been our experience that the filters last a very long time with and without the Suction Tube Kit.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Some of yall have made it REAL clear that when running the FASS (Not the HPFP) that you can only do so with more than a 1/3 of a tank of fuel. This is due to the fuel "Cup" they put on the end of the stock fuel pick-up. The FASS move soo much volume, the stock "Cup" can not refill in time when fuel level is below the top of the "Cup". SO....our fix? Part number STK-3001. This is a 1/2" Suction tube kit that totaly by-passes the stock pick up tube. The bottom of the draw tube sits about 1/8" from the bottom of the tank. This has worked very well with the Dodges.

ALSO the HPFP pumps have not had this issue. DUE to that the flow is static. Its a Demand only pump...it internaly by-passes to keep pressure to a point.....but lacks the return the FASS has. This return to the tank moves the excess 150 or 95 GPM volume back to the tank....thus draining the cup when fuel is low.
hey dan i'm from alberta and we are having issues with our large 2000gallon tank we use for diesel rusting out .my dads dodge is currently sitting at the dealers waiting for 6 new injectors and 3 pistons. really interested in a fass system for my lmm duramax,08. dad ran out of feul with it 2 days ago coming home from manitoba,wondering does a fass with the pump help reprime the fuel pump?also whats the price on a 95 gpm kit?

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Yes, the FASS unit will help re-prime the system, you will just need to crack the bleed screw if it doesn't start right up after filter change. I don't even bleed mine, just change the filter, turn the key to the run position, and go. I have a FASS 150. PM'ing price for a 95 gpm unit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts