Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
16 LML, for the past week my truck is being flickering lights on and off ( on its own ), I noticed the other morning that it sounded like the battery was weak but no issues, now this morning the truck won’t start, dead batteries, could this be an internal short?

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Sounds like something is shorting out causing a draw on your battery and your lights to flicker. Most likely, the same problem causing both. Now, you just have to figure out where it is. Hopefully, the problem will be continuous so you can troubleshoot while it's happening. So hard to find when it jappens just once in a while.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found the battery on the back is leaking acid next to the pole, I guess time for new batteries, any suggestions, my truck is a 2016, don’t think they will be covered under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
Found the battery on the back is leaking acid next to the pole, I guess time for new batteries, any suggestions, my truck is a 2016, don’t think they will be covered under warranty.

Suggestion...........Replace BOTH, or the old one will draw down the new one and they will both fail.

Reactions: mstein86

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, I will, just ordered 2 of the AGM 850cca 1000 ca, I was reading and these are supposed to be good batteries, thank you for the advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.