Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just Wondering If Anyone Has Experienced A Flat Line During Spool Up As If Governor Is Working Before Redline? I'm Thinking Fuel Filter But Would Like Some Input If Someone Can Help. Truck Has 74k

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
I would say try a fuel filter, especially if your running the quad on kill!!!

BTW: Welcome to the site!!!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Fuel Filter is something many overlook but needs to kept after like all the others on the truck. I neglected mine and changing it made a world of difference! I forgot what a thrill it is when the tires break loose on the 3-4 upshift passing someone :D

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
ah huh? i remember u were changing that thing when we went to ohio for the dyno! how long ago was that?

I change mine about every 7k and when i cut them open they are ickey inside. adding a lift pump made the filter discoloration even over the whole filter vs. just the bottom being discolored with out the pump!!:fart

·
Registered
484 Posts
ah huh? i remember u were changing that thing when we went to ohio for the dyno! how long ago was that?
Guilty as charged, that was umm.........3 months ago :rolleyes:

I think I had 18,000 miles total on it. 3,880 psi rail pressure means your not getting over the mountain on the way home from work at a speed more than about 35 mph. :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts