Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 GMC 2500 sbcc Z71. The truck currently is completely stock as far as power mods go. Im coming out of 04 F350 with the 6.0 and that thing was straight piped and tuned and sounded amazing. Im new to the turbo swap market and just wanted to get some feedback from some veterans on here. I want to keep my truck to "daily driver" standards but Im lookin for a good turbo and tune to give me that RELIABLE power with that real turbo sound. I dont drag or sledpull or anything, just the occasional towing of large boats and a lead foot around town. Can anybody tell some information on the Cheeta or even the "baby" Cheeta? Sound? power? reliability?.......anything helps!

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
you'll need that for sound/power...but to use the power you'll need alot more

·
Administrator
16,852 Posts
Another option to consider would be compound turbos / twin turbos.

Each one has advantages and disadvantages depending what exactly you're looking for.

Just figured I'd throw it out there in case you hadn't thought about it as an option.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback! What advantages does the 4094 have over the Cheetah? Also, would i be able to get by with just a turbo, mild tune? of course im gonna straight pipe this motor as well. Or will i need to fuel and tranny upgrades as well. I hear the Allison is pretty tough.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
the allison is amazing as long as u dont go roughly 90hp over stock, which means u wouldnt be able to get most of the power out of ur turbo upgrade imo u can kill the allison tranny with the stock turbo and a hot tune

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok so tranny is a must. Anybody got any info on these? never done these kinda mods so i figured here is a good place to learn.....A buddy of mine had a dodge 2500 and he spent like 8 grand on some race tranny that shifts like hell!! literally feels like your jumpin railroad tracks through gears lol..strong though. This is my daily driver and i dont want a ride like that, Any trannys out their built for power yet keep the ride close to stock?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yeah why dont you just straight pipe it, build the tranny, get a lift pump and a hot efi tune and enjoy that. It will sound real good and will haul ass.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Ok so tranny is a must. Anybody got any info on these? never done these kinda mods so i figured here is a good place to learn.....A buddy of mine had a dodge 2500 and he spent like 8 grand on some race tranny that shifts like hell!! literally feels like your jumpin railroad tracks through gears lol..strong though. This is my daily driver and i dont want a ride like that, Any trannys out their built for power yet keep the ride close to stock?
this def aint no dodge dont worry about it u can get a reputable guy to put a sucnoast gmax kit or even a ppe kits that can hold up to 1000hp and will still shift beautiful

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well im glad you said that about the tranny! riding in his truck has been the only reason i havent worked up a tranny. As for just straight piping and a hot tune, as lame as it sounds im tryin to get back some of that whistle i had with my powerstroke, damn thing sounded like a jet. But i wanna get it outa the Dmax, much better motor in my opinion! Thats why i was told to look at cheetah because they deliver power and supposedly sound nasty!...

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
by the way thanks for all the feedback! as you can see im new to the forums and just figurin this thing out.
no worries dude.. we help out new guys every day.

as a general rule, I always suggest reading the forums for a month or so before you spend any money. It'll help you get what you really want and what really works in your head before you make a bad decision.

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
check out danville performance...there turbos are more reliable then a cheetah usually and from experience I can tell you they will scream WAY WAY louder then a PS

1 - 16 of 16 Posts