Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using this? I see one of the Vendors sells these. Will it add any more MPGs and will it hook up to my Banks Duals DPF Back? It looks like it in the pic? Also I understand I need a programmer to delete the codes.. I'm not looking for more power since I'm too worried about ruining anything. I dont haul anything heavy and dont need to burn up the skins.. Which Programmer?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
If you're sure you don't want any added power, I'd say just get a Quadzilla stealth 2, and run it on the stock w/no DPF tune. Your truck will run exactly the same, it just won't regen since you deleted the DPF with the flo-pro pipe.

You can get the Edge Evolution Race tuner if you want some better tuning, and the gauges that come with it. That way if you feel like upping the power a little bit later on, you'll have it there with the gauges to monitor everything as well.

We also carry the flo-pro dpf delete pipes, we just don't have them listed on our site :)

Let me know if I can help!

-Jesse

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will the Quad and this flo pro benefit me in anyway since I will still have my Cat on? Better MPG?

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have the flo-pro dpf delete pipe. It is a good well made piece. I also still have the cat in place. It should bolt right up to your dpf back exhaust. Also returning to stock is a snap and takes just minutes.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jesse hook me up with a quote of what I'm needing for this. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
PM coming...

·
Registered
13,927 Posts
You won't have much more sound, because the cat does a great job of keeping it quiet. You will see about half the benefit by doing a DPF removal pipe as opposed to a full exhaust.

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts
I have the pro-flo pipe, MBRP cat delete pipe and Banks duals,works great when you live in California. The DPF is a hazard if you ask me

running with the cat on it has a nice mellow rumble to it without much diesel exhaust smell, with it off youll hear all sorts of turbo sounds and it gets loud when your on the throttle

·
Vendor
3,397 Posts
Anyone using this? I see one of the Vendors sells these. Will it add any more MPGs and will it hook up to my Banks Duals DPF Back? It looks like it in the pic? Also I understand I need a programmer to delete the codes.. I'm not looking for more power since I'm too worried about ruining anything. I dont haul anything heavy and dont need to burn up the skins.. Which Programmer?

Thanks!

Yes, MPG will go up and it will bolt right up to your existing DPF back exhaust. Since you already have the Banks unit, you can add the Quadzilla Stealth II tuner on stock mode to take care of codes, regen etc. This way, you can still use the Banks unit for power. Feel free to give me a call with any questions.

·
Registered
506 Posts
someone post up a picture i saw it on puredieselpower.com but it didnt show a picture it is like 60 right???

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
60 as in $60 for the dpf delete pipe? Not the flo-pro one. It's a ways over $200. In fact you can get a whole 4" turbo back system for almost as cheap as the DPF delete pipe alone.

·
Registered
506 Posts
yes flo pro dpf delete 5 inch 60 bucks im tellin ya puredieselpower.com o7.5 and up exhaust system 60 dollars

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
I just checked their site, thats a muffler delete pipe that's $60, not the DPF delete pipe. They have the DPF delete pipe listed for $319, well over what any of us site vendors would sell it for :eek:

·
Registered
506 Posts
okay i was wrong i read it wrong its the muffler delete pipe sorry. um i saw on there also that flo pro makes 5 inch is that just straight pipe or does it have a muffler ?? and does it delete the dpf?? i have mine already deleted but i want a whole system but 600 bucks isnt in my budget at this moment can anyone do a better price??

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
I can do WAY better than that for a 5" system either with or with out a muffler, staniless or aluminized :D

·
Registered
506 Posts
yes i plan on doin it this summer can ya send me a price?? and jesse who is your exhaust systems from flo pro mbrp?? just curious to know what id be getting and i want 5 inch must have it haha

1 - 20 of 30 Posts