Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me out real quick. I'm in the middle of the install and I'm stuck at the part where you have to cut the middle section of pipe. I have the muffler level and ready to go but it looks way to close to the drive shaft and I want to be sure I'm on the right hanger which is the one if front of the rear end correct. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
when i installed mine i believe i had to swap sides for the hanger (closer to the outside of the truck) for it to look right. mine was too close to the driveshaft as well. im talking bout the hanger closest to and in front of the rear axle

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just so I'm following ya here you flip the hanger from the rear of the truck to the front correct?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also do you happen to remember how much you had to cut of the middle as well it's looking like maybe 2" for me my trucks a CCSB

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
no. there should be two hangers opposite each other in the same area above the rear axle. in other words move the rubber hanger from where its at to the other directly on the other side and try that.

i think i had to cut around 6-10in. im not completely sure though. mine was an MBRP but still has the muffler. i'll try to get some pics later if u want.

if its not an 11-13 model though its gonna be different.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help. I managed to get everything lined up perfect and sounds great.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Awesome! Glad u got it figured out! :thumb

1 - 7 of 7 Posts