Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats going on Florida? Just moved down here to FL from Colorado. Seeing how many of you are around the Orlando area. Also, wondering if you know any reputable shops/or have a good selection of tools? I was only able to do one of the ball joints before I had to drive out here.

·
Registered
153 Posts
im in port st lucie its about 2 hours south but my cousin lives in Orlando im up there twice a month I go to action diesel down here most of my stuff gets put on in the garage

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm in Palm Bay, about 1 hour East. I haven't needed a shop yet.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im in port st lucie its about 2 hours south but my cousin lives in Orlando im up there twice a month I go to action diesel down here most of my stuff gets put on in the garage
Gotcha, yeah I used to do that until my selection of tools went to slim to none and garage space 'might' fit a prius. I'm really looking to see if someone may let me finish out the ball joints with beer/cash going their way possibly.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you get your ball joint fixed yet
Not yet. I just don't have the tools and don't want to pay labor rate. So, waiting until I can afford some new tools. Or if someone would be willing to help out. The other 3 aren't terrible, I'd just like to get the new ones in. Instead of them sitting in a box haha. Trucks driveable

·
Registered
153 Posts
your welcome to come down here I got a ball joint fork and the basics ive never done them before so id be more then happy to learn

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got a air compressor and jack stands to
Alright, I really appreciate that. I'm no expert at doing them, I've never done the lowers only the uppers. So the lowers will be a learning experience for myself. I just follow a how-to I found on here. Whats your schedule look like the next few weeks?

·
Registered
526 Posts
I'm south of tampa in ruskin but work out in lakeland

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
I am in Pine Island, about 4 hours south west.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I work weekdays Im off on the weekends what made ya move from colorado

·
Registered
1,144 Posts

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
No west of Cape Coral

·
Registered
1,144 Posts

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
Actually I'm in Texas right now.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
I'm from PA, back there from time to time. Have an address in Florida, and have been in NOLA, Texas, Florida, South Carolina, and back to Texas in the last year and a little.

I'll be coming through there later this week.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Im in port richey. Hour north of tampa. Just rent a ball joint tool from napa, autozone, o rieleys , or discount auto. Then good to go.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts