Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:gearjaminHey Fellas...Just got my 07 classic crew cab 4x4 graystone metallic d-max. I love this truck so much already, and it's only been 3 weeks. I have two questions, the first one pertains to flowmaster mufflers. I was wondering if anyone here has tried flowmaster cat-back or if they even make one? If so, how do you like it? Next questions is about tires. I am leaving the truck stock, but I am going to mount BFG all terrains on the stock wheels. I am understanding from several people that a 285 65 16 will fit, but you have to crank the torsion bars a tad in the front and get an alignment. I am trying to put the largest tires on it that I can, but I don't want any issues with rubbing on fender wells, etc. Any help is greatly appreciated. Steve-O

·
Registered
262 Posts
just spend the money and run a magnaflow or mbrp or rbp

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
for the exhaust go with the MBRP,Silverline or the Magnaflow but what ever you do don't go with the aluminized system they rot out in the salt..285-75R16 is the tallest you can go with out a lift..

·
Registered
699 Posts
mbrp ss t/b + 285-75-16 w/o torsion turning, my last truck was a 2500hd and they only rubbed the back of the drivers inner fender becouse of the em brake cable

·
Registered
121 Posts
go with mbrp and for tires, 285/75/16 may cause rubbing but sometimes not. if you dont feel comfortable, then go with 265/75/16.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I put the silverline 4" turbo back on last friday and love it it went on in a snap and fit great every thing lined up to the stock hangers perfect .the worst part wast getting the cat out and front down pipe in one piece it was pretty tight. i know alot of guys that run mbrp and their trucks sound great, but i would recomend whatever you get spend a couple extra$$ and get stainless

1 - 7 of 7 Posts