Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My trans is doing some pretty weird stuff. I am getting a code when it happens but I can't get a description from my bullydog. Just P0107???? I know its "transmission" but not sure how to dig any deeper.

When I am between 50 and 80mph, the FEELING is like the transmission wants to down shift to 4th but changes its mind by the time it disengages and stays in 5th. It could also be compared to the physical feeling you have when you hit your governor kind of a up down, up down, up down.........little hard to describe but you get the point.

I am going to flush it this weekend and change the spin on. I have only had the truck for about 2 years/20k miles, but the guy before did tell me he HAS NOT changed the fluid (199k on the truck now). I also posted on here I believe regarding my auto trans shifter being really sloppy and I can't get to 1st gear......barely squeezes to 2nd. Its pretty comparable to shifting your truck with a footlong hotdog....lol

Other than that it works fine. Another guy on another forum said to replace the NSBU switch and possibly the TCM. I just want to get some more opinions on what to check and all that good jazz. (You are my "go to" people)

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
When I go out to my shop latter this am I`ll get on my all data program and let you know what the code is by tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
199K on original fluid is not a good thing

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, had I known, it would have already been done. I just can't believe that the trans fluid itself would cause this issue much less repair it. I guess only time will tell. Hoping to pick up all the fluid today.

While I am on here, I also remembered that when I shift my truck into drive, or reverse it shifts fine, but there is a "thud" and a "ping" almost similar if you hit the bottom of a pan with a wooden spoon.....pretty strange but figured I'd add that little note.....Thanks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I go out to my shop latter this am I`ll get on my all data program and let you know what the code is by tomorrow morning.
Thanks a lot. That would be great.

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
OK no problem hope It will help.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Yeah, had I known, it would have already been done. I just can't believe that the trans fluid itself would cause this issue much less repair it. I guess only time will tell. Hoping to pick up all the fluid today.

While I am on here, I also remembered that when I shift my truck into drive, or reverse it shifts fine, but there is a "thud" and a "ping" almost similar if you hit the bottom of a pan with a wooden spoon.....pretty strange but figured I'd add that little note.....Thanks.
I would buy the cheap fluid. Do a complete Hoot Flush, change the spin on. Drive it for 5000 miles and then change it again and this time put the synthetic stuff in as well as a new spin on filter. Changing the fluid/filter after a short amount of miles will really guarantee you have cleaned everything out because that trans has really been put through a lot. Just my two cents

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah! You know what, I wonder if when I am driving its not actually my transmission, but the air fuel mixture causing a fluctuation in the rpms at high speeds? Maybe both. I am getting another vehicle next week for a back up because I need to rip this beast apart and finish what I started.

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
You beat me to it Mike. I just came up from the shop and was fixing to tell him the same thing.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks a lot for all the help, I just have to figure out "why" now. I have had hell with this thing since I got it. (was totaled) Work in progress I guess

1 - 11 of 11 Posts