Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After noticing my fog lights weren't working anymore had a quick look at them and discovered the wires had busted off the bulb harness. My question is (and this might sound dumb cause i've never had this happen) but how hard is it to attach these wires back in to the harness? The wires are broken flush so there is nothing to solder to.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Go get a new bulb housing and wire it up.. The housing comes with a 1 foot whip..

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
use crimp butt connectors

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
as long as the housing comes with a whip that would work. butt connectors won't work because the wire is broken flush with the housing so nothing to connect to.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I would solder a new pigtail's wires into the harness wires, use heat shrink tubing to insulate and then wrap the connections with tape to the harness so that the connections are stablized.

What casued the wires to fall off? Is the other side doing the same thing?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My best guess is the winter we just had made the wire break. -40 temperatures and ice covered snow banks aren't exactly the best for small guage wires lol. Both sides are broken off thats why I think it was just the winter conditions but could be wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts