Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Hot Rod Photographer
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there a whip tucked away somewhere that I can tap into? I own the lt version and it doesn't have lights and I want to add them. Any thoughts. Or should I just go aftermarket on the bumper with some lights?

·
Diesel Junky
1,107 Posts
you could tap off the parking lights hot, using that as signal to a set of lights just an idea

·
Hot Rod Photographer
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's an idea. I might just use but do want control of them. Maybe power formthe relays from them. Thanks

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
You could use power off the lows w/ a relay. I have my fogs come on w/ my lows.

·
Do work!
2,234 Posts
Look at the "where to buy hid's" thread. I posted in there on a complete fog kit. I can't copy the link to here cuz I'm on my phone. If someone could that would be great

Sent from a combine cab using AutoGuide

·
Received a Hummer
9,628 Posts
Just tap into your parking lights and hook up a toggle switch in your cab..

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Look at the "where to buy hid's" thread. I posted in there on a complete fog kit. I can't copy the link to here cuz I'm on my phone. If someone could that would be great

03-06 CHEVY SILVERADO TRUCK FOG LAMPS LIGHTS KIT OEM GM - eBay (item 370532117527 end time Oct-02-11 11:07:33 PDT)

Mine was not prewired they said they should be in the description. But it was really easy to wire. I also didn't have to have it programmed to recognize the fog lights.
:thumb

I also bought mine off of ebay, came with the wiring harness that just plugged in to my relay box/fuse panel in the engine compartment. Then I just threw the new switch in and boom goes the dynamite!

·
Do work!
2,234 Posts
Haha thanks man. Mine was the same way never had to get it programmed lol

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Haha thanks man. Mine was the same way never had to get it programmed lol

No problem. You know, actually when I get to looking at that link, that's the exact place I purchased mine through. Highly recommended!

·
Hot Rod Photographer
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:thumb

I also bought mine off of ebay, came with the wiring harness that just plugged in to my relay box/fuse panel in the engine compartment. Then I just threw the new switch in and boom goes the dynamite!
YEP! This is exactly what I am looking for. Might need to wait till next month.. The exhaust and EGR blocker combined got the allowance this week.. I did sneak in some ECM pins from Idaho Rob though for the high idle.. thanks again man its book marked!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts