Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the idea to clear my headlights about a week ago when i had seen it on here. Well i did the passenger side first and everything went well, same with the drivers side. Looked today and i noticed a little fogging on the bottom corner of the passenger headlight now. Drivers side is just fine still.
Anything i can do to get rid of the fogging?
If i leave it, will it completely fog the rest of the headlight?
Or am i better off just buying a new set of lights off eBay now?

Thanks

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
i am curious also!

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is moisture fogging, and yes i cleared them in the oven. I can get a picture if needed, but its only my passenger headlight thats fogging a little bit, but would like to fix this though.

I was thinking of just getting new headlights anyhow, being i now have clear headlights, and black (VHT Tinted) Marker lights, should i get a new set of clear headlights, or should i get a set of smoked headlights?

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Word Up
3,517 Posts
Yeah it probly melted the glue that holds the 2 parts together and could have separated a bit somewhere on the edges. Or bad seal to bulb where it seals to the light. I had some cheap taillights on my old truck and I had to take em off and let em dry after the car wash if I didn't want em to be foggy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts