Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the idea to clear my headlights about a week ago when i had seen it on here. Well i did the passenger side first and everything went well, same with the drivers side. Looked today and i noticed a little fogging on the bottom corner of the passenger headlight now. Drivers side is just fine still.
Anything i can do to get rid of the fogging?
If i leave it, will it completely fog the rest of the headlight?
Or am i better off just buying a new set of lights off eBay now?

Thanks

· VAGITARIAN :)
8,062 Posts
i am curious also!

· Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is moisture fogging, and yes i cleared them in the oven. I can get a picture if needed, but its only my passenger headlight thats fogging a little bit, but would like to fix this though.

I was thinking of just getting new headlights anyhow, being i now have clear headlights, and black (VHT Tinted) Marker lights, should i get a new set of clear headlights, or should i get a set of smoked headlights?

· Banned
24,783 Posts
I heard the only way to get them to unfog is remove the bulb and let them dry. If you get them dry then maybe some clear rtv sealant around the edges?

· Word Up
3,863 Posts
Yeah it probly melted the glue that holds the 2 parts together and could have separated a bit somewhere on the edges. Or bad seal to bulb where it seals to the light. I had some cheap taillights on my old truck and I had to take em off and let em dry after the car wash if I didn't want em to be foggy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.