Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me clear this up since my 2004 138,000 mile truck is at gmc right now getting fixed! They are paying 3,500$ in labor because my injectors are bad, I am past the 7 year mark so they are only making me pay for labor witch is 1,700$. Not a bad deal at all if u are in the same situation I would suggest looking into this because u will save alot more money if you fall under this warranty.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
you must have hit the lottery my friend because most dealers use the inservice date for warrenty claims. for instance, i looked into injector warranty on my 04 chevy and the warranty cut off date was nov 2010 since it was delivered in nov 2003. so considering the last lb7s were early 04's it is safe to say every lb7 is out of warranty. congrats. who is the dealer? it would be worth it to me to have my truck hauled out to your dealer if they are lenient on their warranty policy

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
lol wayne id get em diagnosed and go for it!!

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
you got lucky...most dealers aren't taking care of them anymore and most the trucks are out of the special policy timeframe.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
i called mine, they said the warranty went up in sep 10

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
The warranty expired in September 2010, he said 200000 miles or 7 years whichever came first

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
That was a special policy and not a "warranty". Your injectors would have to fail specific tests.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Glad they are honoring the warranty. They didn't honor mine.

Sent from my Milestone X using AutoGuide App

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
yeah mine is long gone lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mine was sold in 2003 as well and the dealer is in Irvine, CA
That is good to know. I actually took my truck over their before purchasing it and wanted to see about running a test on the injectors and even get them replaced for safe measures. The service tech let me know they were replaced at 70K by running the VIN number, along with other items replaced at the stealership

The Irvine Chevy used to be in Foothill Ranch where I live and much to my surprise they had good, quick service when I had my other truck (gasser). The Irvine location is an older building and not as nice.

Definitely good info for future.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya the irvine dealer has been the only good service experience I have had at a dealer.and they fixed my injectors and glow plugs in one day and very friendly

1 - 14 of 14 Posts