Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, was the install all that difficult? and about how long did it take? Was there any additional stuff to buy besides the kit? But MOST importantly, was it worth the investment? I mean hot, nasty, badass speedwise? I know it spools faster and egt's are lower, I wanna know if the power increase is worth the money?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Not to be a smart ass (I have nowhere near the setup you do) but I think you may want to look into a tranny at the same time. Twins add some ass from what I understand.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
look at sig, "Merchant transmission"

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
twins are well worth the money, especially what i spent !!!!lol lmao

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
twins are well worth the money, especially what i spent !!!!lol lmao
How bout a lil more in depth explanation? Perhaps answer the questions in the first post if you dont mind?

·
Registered
582 Posts
haha sorry brother I got to transgojr and thought uh-oh!

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
na thats ok someone else can anwser, i don't deal well with smarty pants lol

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fixed it......

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
na thats ok someone else can anwser, i don't deal well with smarty pants lol
Oh geezus really?! Im just lookin for answers man, and to be fair your response of "they are well worth it for what i paid" doesnt really tell me much

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see, yea i dont have the time/patience to do that, think i'd prefer the kit

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
im finishing my install this week. i did alot of reading before buying a kit and it seemed to be the safest way to make big power imo. the install is fairly simple just take your time. the downpipe is the hardest hard, but yours should be a little easier to access/get off

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im finishing my install this week. i did alot of reading before buying a kit and it seemed to be the safest way to make big power imo. the install is fairly simple just take your time. the downpipe is the hardest hard, but yours should be a little easier to access/get off
MPI or II kit?

·
Banned
17,251 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Mine is a SDP kit

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Really? thats not bad at all, I heard the II kit isn't as "complete" as mpi though? and input on that?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
161 Posts
any down side to running a stock turbo in a twin setup? is it worth replacing stocker as well?? mainly daily driver/ towing.... all round truck?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
The install is a task for the average guy, you'll have more time in it then most will tell you since our LMM's are so damn hard to work on, I would guess 10-12 hours or even more, maybe 15. My MPI kit came with everything you need.

Was it worth it? Deffinetly IMO. Power is awesome, spool up is a bit slower then stock, EGT's are rediculously low, meaning you can tow heavy on real big tunes which I love. I would do it again for sure, plan on doing the same to my next truck.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
for DD/ towing there is NO downside to keepin the stocker, The big charger just enhances everything

1 - 20 of 48 Posts