Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched around the forum a little bit but didn't find a definitive answer. I called up PPE last night and they told me that the Stage IV kit does not come with the piston seals and that they expect you to re-use them. My builder has never heard of re-using these seals. I read through a DIY thread DIY PPE Stage V Build complete - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums where he referenced an Allison seal kit. Does this contain all the seals needed to complete the re-build? Is there a seal kit that doesn't contain the bellhousing gaskets, or maybe just a detail breakdown of individual part numbers? If I can save $50 by not buying another set of bellhousing gaskets (in a kit) I'm not going to use, that would be helpful.

Also, is it standard protocol to require your trans serial number when inquiring about parts at ALLISON Dealer? Kinda hard to know the serial number when I don't have the trans..................

·
Registered
68 Posts
Also, is it standard protocol to require your trans serial number when inquiring about parts at ALLISON Dealer? Kinda hard to know the serial number when I don't have the trans..................
I have a picture of my trans ID plate saved to my phone and computer for just such an event. Pretty much everything parts related is serial number based anymore so yes you'll want to have it. Try working on AGCO equipment and you'll see :rofl

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a picture of my trans ID plate saved to my phone and computer for just such an event. Pretty much everything parts related is serial number based anymore so yes you'll want to have it. Try working on AGCO equipment and you'll see :rofl
Haha, well, I've got a pic of it now... I just think it's funny I need a serial number to tell me I have an Allison 1000PK.

Guess I'm gonna be dropping another couple hundred duckets on this build

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ended up getting a Transtar seal kit for $240. Covered everything I needed. Also, found a hook up on Transynd fluid for $25/ gallon, so I picked up a few. Tomorrow I need to torque down the bellhousing and tail shaft and put it back under the truck. I can't wait to see how the fresh build does!

·
Registered
129 Posts
all the builders i talked to recommended dex 3 in a built trans instead of synthetic

1 - 5 of 5 Posts