Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,323 Posts
The ironic part is, during the "cold war" US had to buy the titanium used to make them from Russia since we didn't have enough in our own country or our friends to build them. CIA created a shell company to make the Russian buy. The J58s were modified to basically turn into a ramjet somewhere above mach 2 and everything changed at that point. They ran on JP7 which was pumped through the hydraulics before it got to the engines. Some amazing engineering for its time!!

Reactions: JimmyD and blythkd1

·
Registered
331 Posts
We still buy a lot of titanium from Russia. Boeing buys tons of the stuff, or at least they used to. Seems hard to believe the 737 has been grounded as long as it has been. Starting to wonder if Boeing's flagship program is going to be the one to take the company down. Nearly impossible to believe that they couldn't come up with a fix by now.

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I'm really , really, proud. Too bad I can't tell you what he does!!
Yep, some of us had those type jobs. Bob, you have to be a very proud Papa and thanks go out to your son for his service. 👍

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
Trivia; Where does the line "give 'em the whole nine yards!" come from?
---------------------------
Old docu, enjoy;

·
Premium Member
3,323 Posts
I know! I know!!!

Reactions: Hook'em_Horns!

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Trivia; Where does the line "give 'em the whole nine yards!" come from?
---------------------------
Old docu, enjoy;

Thanks Hook. Saw Hoover perform many times during the early 70's. He was one hell of a good pilot.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts