Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a firefighter in North Carolina. Both career and volunteer. Thought I would show my current setup. May give some ideas to those of you elsewhere that are firefighters. My truck is a 2003 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT.

Front Warning:

SOS ULB42 Interior Lightbar
4 SOS Ghosts Synced
SOS Galileo 6/90 PS
4 Clear HAWs in Fogs and Turns

Rear Warning:

2 Clear HAWs
More to come....

Audible Warning:

SOS SS651 Remote Siren
100 Watt Whelen SA351

Here is a picture of the switch setup. The black switch controls all lights and the red switches control the siren. One 3 way controls Wail, Yelp and Off. The other is a momentary switch that controls Air Horn and Phaser:

Front Warning at Night #1:
http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b83/ffcarter46/?action=view&current=P2270046.flv

Front Warning at Night #2:
http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b83/ffcarter46/?action=view&current=P2270047.flv

Front Warning at Dusk:
http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b83/ffcarter46/?action=view&current=P2110051.flv

Rear Warning at Dusk:
http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b83/ffcarter46/?action=view&current=P2110052.flv

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Ever use them when traffic gets tough!!!! Looks sweet

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Looks great! Im in High Point NC and i am also a volunteer FF.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
dang looks really good. i have strobs in my headlights that came with the truck. bright. but nothing like those.

·
Registered
134 Posts
that looks really good i want some strobes!

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
i want those lights for plowing snow. nice work

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how much did it cost you????
thanks guys! you can get the power supply, cables and 6 clear strobe tubes for between $200-$250 depending on brand name. everything combined ran about $800 and i installed everything myself.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just about had a seizure after seeing the one in the dark lol. Looks good. Up here in ND reds are illegal we can only use blue. Unless your a cop of course.

complete opposite here in NC lol red and white for firefighters and all blue for red....then of course SBI, FBI, ATF etc run red and blue.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Wow...I bet that works pretty good. We are only allowed to have blue here in Indiana, I'm just rocking a Whelen Slim-miser, nothing special, I would rather spend my money else where. I also have a Signal Phatom in my Ranger that I think works better then the much larger Whelen I have in my D-max.

You can see mine in this picture...nothing special! I would like some in my grill though, post some pictures up close if you get a chance!

·
Former GM Tech and parts
2,941 Posts
HOLY CHIT MAN!!! Thats lightin some chit up now!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ill get some close up pics today or tomm and get them posted up.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Looks great. That should get peoples attention when responding to the fire house.
I wish we could use something of that sort. I'm on the volunteer fire dept here and all we can do is turn on our hazards on our way to a call.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Looks good man! I know it would definitely get my attention on the road

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
looks damn good! Where did you get that switch pannel? Or did you make it your self, looks nice and clean.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Looks great. That should get peoples attention when responding to the fire house.
I wish we could use something of that sort. I'm on the volunteer fire dept here and all we can do is turn on our hazards on our way to a call.

Flash your brights...kind of creates your own wig wags. It works pretty good if your tight on coin and don't want to buy them!:rockin

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
looks damn good! Where did you get that switch pannel? Or did you make it your self, looks nice and clean.
made it myself. the black plastic was already in place and just made the cut-outs to place the rocker switches. took the dask apart to run wires. really quite simple.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts